Reply to topic
Proudly A Loser.
Proudly A Loser.

Still a hack.

The Internet King
The Internet King

Grapehater wrote:
Still a hack.
Well then you're still a terrorist. You're still a child molester. lol. You can't accuse people of things if you don't have any evidence or purpose, and just because you don't like them. It just doesn't make any sense.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Proudly A Loser.
Proudly A Loser.

yoink78 wrote:
Grapehater wrote:
Still a hack.
Well then you're still a terrorist. You're still a child molester. lol. You can't accuse people of things if you don't have any evidence or purpose, and just because you don't like them. It just doesn't make any sense.

I tell you my proof that was discovered on this message board, yet I still have no proof. Ok.
Fact still remains that he is a hack.
This hack's total act consists of one awful accent. He relies on his cultural heritage to get laughs. If he wasn't Vietnamese he would have no act! we can tell by your eyes and flat face that you're Asian. No need to remind us every damn second you're on stage.

The Internet King
The Internet King

Dat is a culturally themed comic. There's nothing wrong with that. Dat has had many major life experiences and hardships, and if you think that his comedy is crap, and he does an awful accent, that's your opinion, not everybody's opinion. Dat's comedy is completely based on experiences that he has had and that he has exaggerated, like just about every other comedian. Dat's comedy is deeper than "look, I was born Asian," it's very specific life experiences, and major events of his life, some painful, expressed in a comedic way. Every comic's comedy is based on life experience or things that they have seen or encountered. If a comic ever tells you that they've made up comedy from virtually, completely nowhere, then they are lying. All comics' comedy came from somewhere, or was inspired by something that they had witnessed. By definition when referred to stand-up comedy, a hack is someone who writes their comedy directly from the words of another comedian or a comedy-related, or copyrighted media source. I can assure you that all of Dat's sources are indirect and not copied from the words of other comics. He doesn't just steal lines from other comics. I can assure you that you are sorely mistaken. Please post all of your sources of evidence for the legal copyright accusation so that this issue can be clarified for you.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Proudly A Loser.
Proudly A Loser.

Oh my god it HAS been posted here on this board before. What part of that don't you understand?

Quit trying to sound like this is some epic battle, because it's not.

When discussing old Dat material, someone mentioned his Kool Aid bit, a bit that he has since stopped using. The Kool Aid bit was very very VERY similar to a Dane Cook bit about the same topic, Kool Aid. And it was a bit Dane Cook had been using for years.

That happened right here on this message board, but has probably long gone into the archive wastelands, if it even still exists on here. So, it came from Dat fans on this board, and since you think that every fan is always correct and I am forever wrong, there. That is your proof. There is no legal matter here, since I do not represent Dane Cook nor have a law degree. I'm simple stating what I learned here over the years. I'm just saying, he lifted a bit, almost verbatim.

Delicious Monster
Delicious Monster

Dat's Kool Aide bit was a bit he had in the very beginning of his career, one of his first from back when he had only 10 minutes of material, and nothing he would now call solid. I don't know how long Dane Cook has been at it, but I'm guessing it is probably right about the sme amount as Dat based on the fact that he looks to be about my age and I was 18 when Dat started comedy.
Dat dropped the Kool Aide bit within about a year of his comedy career beginnings. Very little has lasted from the beginning.

comics talk about parallel thinking. It isn't considered being a hack if two comics have simular stuff. I think it is unfair to use this bit as an example, since any of us that grew up in the 80's recognise the Kool Aide man. It would be like anyone talking about Pudding Pops being called a hack because Bill Cosby used to do the commercials.

The Internet King

Slightly off topic, but I think I must've seen 3 different sources use the joke
where people are on a canoe:
"Stroke! Stroke!"
"I'm trying!"
"No, I'm having one!"

What's up with that? I've seen it used by:
1. A stand-up comic, a female on the Just for Laughs Comedy Festival
2. Some guy on a different stand-up comedy show used the exact same joke!
3. It was used on The Simpsons on the episode where sugar was banned!
The strange thing is that I think the female's comedy special aired before that episode of The Simpsons first aired. The Simpsons a hack??? I wonder if anyone else has heard this joke?
(No, Dat's not a hack, he writes his own jokes, and he didn't use this stroke joke. It's just something really off-topic that I observed.)
BOW DOWN TO KILLTRON!!
BOW DOWN TO KILLTRON!!

Fick

I need help guys!!!