Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
Reply to topic
Anime
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

Dat loves Japanese Animation. What kind of Japanese Animation do you all enjoy and why? I think this topic may be up somewhere else already, so I'll merge them when I find it.

Location: Regularly commuting from modern Oklahoma to Meiji Era Japan
This is going to be quite a list, so here we go:

Rurouni Kenshin
Vampire Hunter D
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Master of Mosquiton
Night Walker
Record of Lodoss War
Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight
Rei Rei
Dragon Pink
The Hex Files
Legend of the Crystals (based on Final Fantasy)
Saiyuki
X/1999
Those Who Hunt Elves
Sorceror Hunters
Chobits
InuYasha
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Dragonball
Dragonball Z
Devil Hunter Yohko
Ranma 1/2

Mangas (not necessarily anime yet):
Ragnarok
Mars
Wish

oshiete ikeru imi o
View user's profileFind all posts by Species 125Send private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

wow... i kno only three things from that list. haha im not all that with anime. the biggest thing that hit me that was anime was pokemon but that trend slowly died away.

one day I stayed home from work (not school for those under the age of twelve) and I was channel surfing because I had that kind of time on my hands, and Yu-Gi-Oh came on. That show is soooooo addicting. I got TiVo just because of that show. But I'd never admit to anyone that I watch cartoons, I stopped watching cartoons in 6th grade . . . Embarassed

an Alternative Lifestyles Company
View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

silver_lined_lexi wrote:
one day I stayed home from work (not school for those under the age of twelve) and I was channel surfing because I had that kind of time on my hands, and Yu-Gi-Oh came on. That show is soooooo addicting. I got TiVo just because of that show. But I'd never admit to anyone that I watch cartoons, I stopped watching cartoons in 6th grade . . . :oops:

i never got hooked on you-ga y-ho e that show was sooo retarded, my school is like packed with these morons who collect the cards.....

lol i liked pokemon too.... i stole pokemon cards from toys-r-us and sold it to this ONE kid for 700 dollars, he got that money from stealing it from his gramps... i used it to buy my lovely computer... that was in grade 4....

o good days

Renaissance Man

silver_lined_lexi wrote:
one day I stayed home from work (not school for those under the age of twelve) and I was channel surfing because I had that kind of time on my hands, and Yu-Gi-Oh came on. That show is soooooo addicting. I got TiVo just because of that show. But I'd never admit to anyone that I watch cartoons, I stopped watching cartoons in 6th grade . . . Embarassed

i dig the yu-gi-oh. i buy my ex's son stuff all the time. he loves yu-gi-oh.

Eddie wrote:
silver_lined_lexi wrote:

i dig the yu-gi-oh. i buy my ex's son stuff all the time. he loves yu-gi-oh.

are you implying that I am junvenile?

View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Pokemon>Yu-Gi-Oh All the way

it phase lasted less than pokemon

It's just a cartoon people!
Their mouths don't even move right it's just a circle or a line

What is so addicting? Is it like eye heroine?

Just say no youngins

Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Mom, the reason you dont understand is because ur too...... Mommish... I noe their mouths dont move right but still..... They have funny voices and sometimes good storylines

i wouldn't go there with that mommish thing... man that will get ugly. i do not really like yugioh my tv watching days are over. the only things i watch on tv is like late night, funny sitcoms, or reality shows if they are good (fear factor) if i have the time.

Gina rocks!

I thought I was the only one who watched Fear Factor! Smile

I'm addicted to West Wing

Computer Expert
Computer Expert

Long time fan of Robotech. However, I haven't seen all of the Southern Cross saga yet.

New fan of Dragonball and Dragonball Z - I even bought the autographed lithograph for $300 when they had one. It's signed by just about all of the voice tallent.

I have also been spotted roaming around Vampire Hunter D, Akira, My Neighbor Totoro, Fist of the North Star, and Ninja Scrolls. Though most are on VHS, and their quality is dieing - along with my VCR...

I've played some Cotton and Ranma 1/2, but I'm unaware of english translations of these, so I'm not into these as toons.

That's about it.

Sailor Moon! such a classic in my book.
View user's profileFind all posts by aznangelchick88Send private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Species 125 wrote:

Mangas (not necessarily anime yet):
Ragnarok

Didn't you hear, they're making an anime movie based off of the ragnarok online game.... hey; it's the next best thing to the korean manga.

Anyways, here's my list, I only like a few, as I'm very selective. think of me as an "anime contessour".

My All Time Favourite series

Rurouni Kenshin. I hate the anime series, as did Watsuki. However, I LOVE like the manga, as well as the three oav's. I've grown up with the mangas since '96, it was my Bible, so to speak. can't believe it's been 11 years since rurouni kenshin started.

Mangas
~Ragnarok (korea)
~any manga made by the guy who did ghost in the shell (whose name escapes me at the moment)
~Gun Blase West (too bad it got discontinued, I liked that one... poor Watsuki-sama)
~Naruto (the author's style is that reminiscent of that of nobuhiro watsuki and Toriyama Akira)
~Trigun and Trigun Maximum
~Fullmetal alchemist
~Renka
~for some reason, Kajika, but I hate toriyama-san
~and, of course, One piece.

Anime
Mostly Movies, I hate anime series.

Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

I love Ragnorok, but my firend stole my manga ( Mad ) My favorite animes are; DBZ, FLCL,Trigun, Witch hunter Robin, Cardcaptor Sakura, Yu Yu Hakusho, Inu Yasha, Naruto, One Piece, and Petshop of horrors *grining*

(I HATE POKEMON!) my brother is obsessed with that show. CURSE TOSE EVIL FUR BALLS!!!!!

Dat Fan Newbie

Hello... My name is Kitty... and I am an anime junkie... The list of anime that I watch grows out of control everyday. It is insane. I feel like a little kid watching cartoons all the time. If my house burned down I would have to save all of my anime DVD's or slip into a major depression after finding the melted DVDs in a big hunk of melted plastic after sifting thru the remains of it. I fear the only thing to save me from my depression would be a personal visit from Dat Phan in which I would get to hear all of his material start to finish and then having Viz and all the other anime companies call and say they heard of my tradgedy and will send me replacements for everything and then some. Or maybe not. Actually I love anime and I'm an anime junkie, but I think if my house were to burn down I'd have to save my cat first. I'm not crazy ya know. (wellll sometimes...) Here's a SMALL list of the things I'm hooked on now.

Witch Hunter Robin
Inu Yasha
Akira ~ My all time Favorite although the manga was better
Vampire Hunter D original and Bloodlust
Blood- The last Vampire
Ninja Scroll
Iria
Yu Yu Hakusho
and the list goes on and on and on and on......

Well yeah thats about the half of it. Until later guys and girls... Have a Kitty-tasitc day!!! Meow...
Dat Fan

I'm Ryouga (umm, no questions please). Anime is a genre unto itself. I don't think it can be classified with traditional cartoons.

It's became the thing that provides stability for me. Nothing like going to the store and picking up a new title, talking about the complexities of Yuki Sohma with your fellow fans, looking for merchandise for said anime.

Exhaustive list? Not in the least.
Tenchi Muyo (Started everything)
Ranma 1/2
Excel Saga
Cowboy Bebop
Rurouni Kenshin
FLCL
Naruto
Outlaw Star
Inuyasha
Full Metal Panic
Those Who Hunt Elves
Get Backers
Yu Yu Hakusho
Gundam Wing
Full Metal Alchemist
Fruits Basket
View user's profileFind all posts by Metra1163Send private messageAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Dat Fan Newbie

Um, I just started this posting, but here are my favorite manga/anime:
Anime:
Yu Yu Hakuso
Vampire Hunter D
Ranma 1/2
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Chobits
Yugiou
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
But i like reading better, so here is manga:
Petshop of Horrors
Mars
Marmalade Boy
Ranma 1/2
Chobits
Dragon Hunter [Korean XD]
Cowboy Bebop
Inuyasha
Rurouni Kenshin
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Naruto
and more, but I cant think of anymore. Are there any girls, also, who like anime?