Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
Reply to topic
AnPac Bio-Medical Science readies IPO
Dat Fan

AnPac Bio-Medical Science Co., Ltd. (ANPC) has filed a preliminary prospectus for a $27M IPO of American Depositary Shares (ADSs) priced $12 - 14. Each ADS represents one Class A ordinary share.

The Shanghai-based biotech develops blood tests for the detection and screening of cancer-based on its cancer differentiation analysis (CDA) technology and device. AnPac Bio-Medical Science Co., Ltd. is a biotechnology company focusing on early cancer screening and detection. They market and sell a multi-cancer screening and detection test that uses its innovative patented CDA technology and their proprietary CDA device. In addition to early cancer screening and detection, Their CDA technology has demonstrated the potential to assist physicians in cancer diagnosis, prognosis, and recurrence.

2019 Financials (9 mo.): Revenues: $1.1M (+29%); Net Loss: ($8.2M) (-78%); Loss/share: ($0.94) (-77%); Cash Consumption: ($4.6M) (-44%).

Try webull for unlimited analysis on ANPC stock.

d.b***com
ANPAC BIO-MEDICAL SCIENCE CO., LTD. not supported for traiding??? might be a bad sign. this could also be a way of saving people money.

sjointer2
ANPAC BIO-MEDICAL SCIENCE CO., LTD. My summary of the Prospectus Summary: patented tech plus successful implementation = net losses?🤨

Disclaimer: I'm negatively disposed to Chinese companies entering U.S. stock markets.

The company has created patented technology for cancer prescreening and early detection, referred to as CDA. The claim is that they are the world leader in CDA testing. Be aware that this company is bioengineering and not biomedical.

CDA = Cancer differentiation analysis

The innovation for tests they perform are two fold. First they created a device that is patented, and second, the testing is a blood test that basically looks for precancerous cells and biomarkers. It's actually the biomarkers part that is interesting, because when a person hears blood test, biomarkers are rarely ever discussed, and there's much more information in blood related to cancer than is usually discussed. Independent verification by reputable organizations state that their database on these blood and biomarkers is the world's largest.

The summary goes into detail about revenue generation, and here's where things start to turn badly: for what they do, even doing it in China, they aren't generating much revenue for the work they do. The summary states that their revenue is barely breaking the 1M USD mark. Granted, they've only been in business since 2015...which is another problem: how'd they get such a large DB in such a short time? Both of those pale versus the fact that the summary didn't discuss their net losses, although I'm certain that's further down in the full Prospectus. The fact that it's not in the summary is an issue when they discuss revenue there.

+ leader in CDA testing in China, 2nd worldwide
+ investment funds used to expand...
- and to stay alive
- their risk identifiers include failure to penetrate U.S. markets...
- and their technology may quickly become obsolete.
+ Incorporated in BVI, which alleviates some of my issues
- but clearly a Chinese company
- low revenue, net losses, only active for 4 years
+ bioengineering company and not biomedical.
- didn't even mention A.I., which should have been a plus. It's gotta be in there somewhere, and I doubt it's simple. Why didn't it get mentioned? They mentioned an algorithm, but didn't mention if it uses any A.I. techniques.

Doctors and bio labs have thier favorites, and this company isn't one of them. Growth depends on their ability to demonstrate their products are vastly superior and more importantly, will last. They explicitly state that the second of these is not true.

My risk 4/5, my reward 3/5.
Legacy
Most trends with IPO Chinese stocks are generally unfavorable, going to watch the overall sentiment on its 1st trading day.

DayTrades8em
AnPac Bio-Medical Science Co., Ltd. This is interesting, read up on it?
Legacy
Thanks bro, I’ll add it to my research during the weekend
sjointer2
done. As for tops regarding IPOs, all yourself one question: if they only came to you asking for funding, would you give it to them?
DayTrades8em
I did some reading, its patented And has generated sales, 30% of ipo is going to marketing and extended clinicals, i think this has some potential.
DayTrades8em
I want to reSearch this too, but not familiar with ipo. what should i look for? Tips?
pil***com
AnPac Bio-Medical Science Co., Ltd. hahah, time to make some money.