Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
A winner with nothing new to say!!!!!!
Dat Fan Newbie

I saw Dat Phan Sat Jan 2nd in Tampa Florida. My wife and I both though that it more than likely would not be worth our time ... but went anyway. The first time he did his act on nation TV ... I laughed my ass off. The second time, him doing the same material ... I though how lame. After seeing him Friday say the same things and do the same stuff ... I am confirmed "finish him" he is so over. I cannot believe you would go on the road with the same things to say about your "mom", "taking over one toe at a time", "airplane", and horrible voices to boot. Fat boy should have won the show and I am sure he would have had NEW STUFF to say when on tour!
Re: A winner with nothing new to say!!!!!!
The Internet King
The Internet King

I'm sorry you dislike Dat Phan. I love his jokes and think they are hilarious. Dat is relatively new to stand-up, maybe just a few years, not many. It has been said before but Dat has written a lot more material than that. He got rid of all the amateur material that did not get enough laughs. Dat has been busy lately writing as much material as he can with the time he has. He will be debuting some new material at his comedy central special. I assure you he will get lots more material as his career goes on. I know all this has been said but I thought I'd say it again for those who didn't read it. Dat Phan rocks!
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

I was at the January 3rd show in Tampa. In my show review I had noted that he had in fact done lots of old material, but there was also some new stuff as well.

So, yeah, he did some old stuff. The old stuff he did was some his FUNNIEST jokes.

If you have ever been a fan of a comedian, you will know that they do in fact recycle jokes. You have to also realize that Dat isn't a veteran comic. He is just getting started with a wonderful new career. And getting started means building up new material.

I loved his show in Tampa. And yes, I too look forward to new stuf! I'm sorry you don't agree (which is fine) but in my opinion, Dat really is funny. New jokes or old jokes...he is a funny guy.

yeah and um so yeah i can't wait till dat does spreckles in sd

an Alternative Lifestyles Company
View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
The Internet King
The Internet King

Yes I'm sure that when all comedians started out, they all had to repeat material. You don't really have a choice if you're a new comedian. It can take a while to think of or write a good joke, and even when you do write a joke, what you find funny, others might not, so you have to test it out too. Dat is very talented. Everybody's sense of humor is a little different, so it's okay if you don't like a comedian. There is always somebody that likes a comedian, and somebody that doesn't. It's the same for any other type of show business.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Diva

you know people - don't hate

dat is so wonderful why must we rain on the parade??

um ok, time to adore me now...

View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
still stand firm!!!!
datphanstillsucks

You can come to hid defence all you want ... the fact remains this guy has been doing comedy for well over 5 years now ... his word for last comic stand ... do you remember his little now book that had all his "laughs per minute" stuff and all his live tv performances ... after five years the guy is no longer thought of as a "new-comer" and should have new stuff to talk about ... i have a good friend that saw him in Orlando and had informed me that he heard the same 20 things i heard and the rest of thenation heard on tv ... i will give the guy a brack when he can be more one point!!!!
Diva

ok... um... stupid man.... look the point of comedy is to make people laugh, if people awre laughing who give a rat's ass if it's new or not, if you don't like it don't go, and don't come in here acting a fool it's stupid and immature

too much negative engery here people lets go for a drink

The Internet King
The Internet King

silver_lined_lexi wrote:
ok... um... stupid man.... look the point of comedy is to make people laugh, if people awre laughing who give a rat's ass if it's new or not, if you don't like it don't go, and don't come in here acting a fool it's stupid and immature

too much negative engery here people lets go for a drink
Yes, there is too much. What I don't understand is why you would spend all of your time complaining about something. Let's stop posting here and just post in possitive places.
Re: A winner with nothing new to say!!!!!!
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

DatPhanSucks wrote:
I saw Dat Phan Sat Jan 2nd in Tampa Florida. My wife and I both though that it more than likely would not be worth our time ... but went anyway. The first time he did his act on nation TV ... I laughed my ass off. The second time, him doing the same material ... I though how lame. After seeing him Friday say the same things and do the same stuff ... I am confirmed "finish him" he is so over. I cannot believe you would go on the road with the same things to say about your "mom", "taking over one toe at a time", "airplane", and horrible voices to boot. Fat boy should have won the show and I am sure he would have had NEW STUFF to say when on tour!

You didn't follow the posting guidelines you fat-fuk. i'm moving this away.