Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
CH
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

As much as I hate CH, i really don't care too much. They're giving us publicity. As a musician, I've heard this from many great musicians: If you can touch someone who loves your stuff, you've acheived something. If you can touch someone to the point they loath it, you still have achieved something. It's the people who are indifferent that you've failed.

The same may go for acting, comedy, writing, directing--any art form. Like it or not, Dat's achieved something big. It's good people don't like him. Working in LA and NY now, I see that any publicity is good, no matter how poor... unless you're Michael Jackson and you like little boys. I'm not saying he's right or wrong, just that he's not black. Because we all know Black guys like the white women. Am I right brothers?

So anyways. To me, I would start a war with CH if I had to, but I have no energy to do so... a war would be good publicity. I mean, I could devote a website to hack websites, and CH would be hack of the year. I could also launch a DOS attack on their website, but that would just bring their site down and people wouldn't know who Dat is.

So let's think about this. KKK, who hates them? A lot of people. wait, what am i getting at? I don't banana know. Anyways.. as long as they think Dat's a bad comic, that's fine.. it's when people bring race into it and become racist is where I draw the line and get angry. So what he uses a banana accent. Vos does a NYC accent but he's from Jersey and he's a jew. I still love the guy. Kory's even done an impression of her mom/dad. I think she's great... and I'm just using LCS comics as an example.

Anyways. I really don't care about any of this. And Grape using my picture.. well, that just proves I can get laid. So banana-off.

(I realize that some of my tasteful and colorful words will be blanked out, but banana it)

I'm gonna go ahead and respond to this one, b/c it's 8:32 and I make it a point not to do any work for at least an hour after I get to work.

1. Vos does not "do" a NYC accent. There is a difference between having an accent and using that accent for the basis of your entire aresenal of jokes. Dat is the Asian equivilant of Jeff Foxworthy, without the mainstream fame. And make no mistake about it, Foxworthy IS a hack, and maybe the worst comedian ever.

2. Dat isn't the only comic on the CH hacks page. The visitors to CH voted him hack of the year. I personally voted for him. But he isn't alone on there. Nor is Dat the only comedian that is targeted on the CH message boards.

3. Not all publicity is good publicity. Dat being Hack of the Year might generate some viewiers for his CC special, but it won't produce a single album sale, especially when he does 30 minutes of the same hack material we've already seen. If Dat really DOES have new material, this CC special is going to be worse than you can even imagine for him, since it's his old material. Now everybody will watch his special and know for certain what a hack he is.

4. If you don't understand why fans of good comics don't like your boy, let me explain it. It's for the same reason that fans of GOOD bands hate pre-fabricated boy bands and bubblegum pop. You said you are a musician. Well, Dat is the equivilant of the Backstreet Boys. He doesn't play an instrument, he does the easy song and dance, and he gets radio play over far better bands. Get where I'm coming from on that?

Don't pretend to know anything about music. Some people actually like the backstreet boys. I get where you're coming from, but it's contrived and narrow mindedness that doesn't get you sympathy. You and the other CH losers don't take into account how new Dat is to comedy, how much material he doesn't have. I have a surprise for you, we did the 1/2 hour special a month after Last Comic and you're basically gonna get the same material. Dat burned up all his material on LCS and people are calling him a hack for that too.

I think if you truely know anything about comedy or music, you wouldn't argue so much because you would know the industry and accept that there will always be Britneys and Madonnas. If you don't have the ability to respect comics for their achievements, how can you ever expect to be taken seriously. If you are a comic, you are probably so lame, one of the tired crap that comes out of a recycled Seinfeld show.

And just for the record, the accent isn't his entire arsenal. If you would bother to listen to anything he's done lately, maybe you'd realize that. It is true that the networks, however, do want to keep an image of him because that image makes money. Jeff Foxworthy makes money.

Let me close by saying you don't become a star to fight the power of the networks. That's why Vos is a great comic, but he didn't win. If you knew anything about anything, I think you'd have a little more understanding of the world. And besides, it's only comedy. Dat's like the equivalent of one of those many impressionists that paint, you don't have to like him, but other people do and there's nothing you can do to change that.

In a way, I can tell you how all comics are hacks.
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

rzkvls wrote:
I'm gonna go ahead and respond to this one, b/c it's 8:32 and I make it a point not to do any work for at least an hour after I get to work.

1. Vos does not "do" a NYC accent. There is a difference between having an accent and using that accent for the basis of your entire aresenal of jokes. Dat is the Asian equivilant of Jeff Foxworthy, without the mainstream fame. And make no mistake about it, Foxworthy IS a hack, and maybe the worst comedian ever.

2. Dat isn't the only comic on the CH hacks page. The visitors to CH voted him hack of the year. I personally voted for him. But he isn't alone on there. Nor is Dat the only comedian that is targeted on the CH message boards.

3. Not all publicity is good publicity. Dat being Hack of the Year might generate some viewiers for his CC special, but it won't produce a single album sale, especially when he does 30 minutes of the same hack material we've already seen. If Dat really DOES have new material, this CC special is going to be worse than you can even imagine for him, since it's his old material. Now everybody will watch his special and know for certain what a hack he is.

4. If you don't understand why fans of good comics don't like your boy, let me explain it. It's for the same reason that fans of GOOD bands hate pre-fabricated boy bands and bubblegum pop. You said you are a musician. Well, Dat is the equivilant of the Backstreet Boys. He doesn't play an instrument, he does the easy song and dance, and he gets radio play over far better bands. Get where I'm coming from on that?

Don't pretend to know anything about music. Some people actually like the backstreet boys. I get where you're coming from, but it's contrived and narrow mindedness that doesn't get you sympathy. You and the other CH losers don't take into account how new Dat is to comedy, how much material he doesn't have. I have a surprise for you, we did the 1/2 hour special a month after Last Comic and you're basically gonna get the same material. Dat burned up all his material on LCS and people are calling him a hack for that too.

I think if you truely know anything about comedy or music, you wouldn't argue so much because you would know the industry and accept that there will always be Britneys and Madonnas. If you don't have the ability to respect comics for their achievements, how can you ever expect to be taken seriously. If you are a comic, you are probably so lame, one of the tired crap that comes out of a recycled Seinfeld show.

And just for the record, the accent isn't his entire arsenal. If you would bother to listen to anything he's done lately, maybe you'd realize that. It is true that the networks, however, do want to keep an image of him because that image makes money. Jeff Foxworthy makes money.

Let me close by saying you don't become a star to fight the power of the networks. That's why Vos is a great comic, but he didn't win. If you knew anything about anything, I think you'd have a little more understanding of the world. And besides, it's only comedy. Dat's like the equivalent of one of those many impressionists that paint, you don't have to like him, but other people do and there's nothing you can do to change that.

In a way, I can tell you how all comics are hacks.

!@#$ YOU! JEFF FOXWORTHY IS GREAT!

listen up. U said that stupid backstreet boy comparison and heres what i got back for you. Sure backstreet boys do sing the easy songs and do really lame dances with really pretty girls, but the reason people listen to them is because they can follow their songs. The lyrics are easy to follow, easy to sing along to, easy to sing. the dances suk but so do mosts of the listeners. so compare the backstreet boys to the listeners, the backstreet boys are good dancers... plus their dances are easy to copy for small talent shows in jounior schools.

whats that had to do with dat phan?

1)his jokes are easy to follow, easy to relate too, i can relate to his jokes very nicely. I can understand his jokes very nicely. also they have a flow, as oppose to mitch hedburg who tells random jokes. Sometimes the simple things are the best thing. Well i guess you wouldnt noe because your all wrapped up in ur own world or complexity, rules, expectations. Most people listening to stand up dont really care, they just want good laughs. His jokes are also clean, but in a manner that adults can listen to and not feel patronized.

2)If someone is to have the same jokes repeated over and over and still win the contest, what the hell does this tell you? THE JOKES ARE GOOD! i am a major fan of george carlin, i have listened to bout all his albums, and guess what? HE REPEATS JOKES TOO! but since they are good jokes, nobody really cares, but those who have such high expectations.

you are the kkk of the comedy world, you dont like anything that doesnt meet your standard. well you can go !@#$ urself, when u can get some fame, some fans, some shows, and show some respect, i will personally apologize.

The Internet King

I'm not going to argue. As I have said several times, I dislike arguing and I am not going to. I am just going to simply tell the truth. I am sorry if I provoke some people with the following but it is the truth which has been proven and you cannot argue with the truth.
Studies have PROVEN that people that would rather choose to complain more often and show a negative attitude have a bad life and low-self esteem and are very depressed. Either because they are not very respected in society, they are not pleased of their physical appearance, they're family is cruel, they are constantly abused or harassed, they are ignorant likely due to a learning disability, or they just need to let off anger from a bad life. I'm sorry if I offended anybody, I'm not saying everybody that has any of these problems is this way, I'm just saying that they are the full and entire cause of all cases of "grouchy" people that would rather complain than be happy.
Studies have also proven that if you relax, and be happy, guranteed you will live a longer life unless the cause of death is not natural.
I really do aplologize if I offended anybody. I just wanted to get across my point. The comment that I made about your physical appearance is especially most common, since pretty much nobody is fully comfortable with their physical appearance. Just be happy for who you are and relax and be happy. I know I try to. Thank you.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

the guy from sesame street is abused a lot by those stupid kids..... :lol:

Renaissance Man

i don't know about jeff foxworthy Wink

so nobody likes the "you might be a redneck" jokes but ? :sad:

The Internet King

Viet_Huy wrote:
so nobody likes the "you might be a redneck" jokes but ? Sad
oh.. I do! Those jokes rock! Very Happy
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

"If you own a matching set of salad bowls that say "Cool Whip" on the side, YOU might be a redneck!"
Diva

if you go to family reunions to pick up women you might be a redneck

an Alternative Lifestyles Company
View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Delicious Monster
Delicious Monster

I have never doubted that eddie can get laid. My only issue with CH, is, well none, really, I just didn't think it was in good taste to post a picture to all board users that may be of a sensitive nature to younger users. If that picture had been posted on the adults only forum, we all would have given props to Eddie, I think.

I agree that any publicity is good publicity, otherwise Winona Rider wouldn't be modeling the very clothes she was caught stealing!

The Internet King

Jokesonme wrote:
"If you own a matching set of salad bowls that say "Cool Whip" on the side, YOU might be a redneck!"
silver_lined_lexi wrote:
if you go to family reunions to pick up women you might be a redneck
Those two jokes are so hilarious.
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

i think this forum had had 3 dat haters... ebox, grapey, and this moron who also hates jeff foxworthy cuz hes a stupid moron. i never got to get close to ebox... eddie banned him before i arrived i think.. anyways, these guys really do spice up the forum a bit. well for me cuz i like the strategies u guys put into arguing and the defence we put up

Simple minded jokes and simple minded music. That can mean only one thing.
CH