Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Attn: Eddie - About Chat
Dat Fan in Training

Why would you waste money for a chat client, you could go with an IRC based chat, and it won't cost you anything.... What do you think?

Yay! I wanna go to Hawaii
Re: Attn: Eddie - About Chat
The Internet King
The Internet King

November wrote:
Why would you waste money for a chat client, you could go with an IRC based chat, and it won't cost you anything.... What do you think?
A chat from the improv resource center? Why the heck would we use their chatroom?
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

no i think he's talking about mIRC... it is pretty good.... i dont really like to use it though, u gotta download :? i dont like downloading stuff

No, I don't know what improv whatever the hell is. but I'm talking about a chat that is like an IRC channel, and it won't cost 100$ a year. It uses the same format, etc etc, and would be a good idea if you want to save money and have an effective chatroom.

The Internet King
The Internet King

November wrote:
No, I don't know what improv whatever the hell is. but I'm talking about a chat that is like an IRC channel, and it won't cost 100$ a year. It uses the same format, etc etc, and would be a good idea if you want to save money and have an effective chatroom.
My mistake. Sorry. I'll check it out and tell you guys what I think.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Dat Fan in Training

http://www.freejavachat.com/setup.htmlCheck out this one. That's just one I found. I can get more if you want, so you have something to base your decision off of.

Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

The chat rooms here are rarely used anyway. Perhaps we need to schedule another chat session?

Input anyone?

How about everybody tries to show up this Wednesday at 4:00 pm eastern/ 1:00 pacific? Or is that a bad time?
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

yea, i have to go to T.K.D Crying or Very sad

Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

November wrote:

because not many people have IRC clients, and Java Clients are crappy. besides, we aren't going to get a chat room because no one uses it.

Nah, well they wouldn't need to use IRC and some java c's can be bad, others are good, but not getting one solves everything.

Re: Attn: Eddie - About Chat
The Internet King
The Internet King

Eddie wrote:
November wrote:

because not many people have IRC clients, and Java Clients are crappy. besides, we aren't going to get a chat room because no one uses it.
One of the major reasons nobody uses it is beacuse there is no way to indicate if anyone is on chat, like on any IM program you know who's online. Well, there is that thing at the bottom of the forum screen that says who's on chat, but it is hard to notice. Also, a good way to get people to use it is to have a once a week chat meet. I think the best solution would be to advertise it more around the site. I know I always forget to go on chat because I forget it's there. If there was more links around the site, I think it would be used more. I know I would use it more. Or, we could just have MSN Messenger meets. But then again, not everyone has MSNM.
Attn: Eddie - About Chat