Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Shipping
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Umm, Im really curious on this buying over the internet stuff. I myself have never had anything shipped to me, therefore do not know how the whole process goes.

Now for instance I send money to someone, and ask them to send me a package. Do I have to pay shipping? If I do, can I send money off to the person who is shipping before hand so I dont have to pay when the package arrives.

Can someone give me the procedures for shipping?

Buying off the internet is scary business. THere is a lot of fraud.

I rarely buy over the internet. I bought books from Amazon that I needed but were available other ways. My wife bought clothes over the internet.

The biggest problem with buying over the internet is that if you need to return something, it is a pain.

Some things to remember, only buy from someone you can sue if you suffer financially for their mishandling, or abuse fo you credit information. Never send cash, even Canadian via mail, use credit card, check or certified check. If you are buying eBay stuff, be sure to use PayPal.

Sensei Ern
View user's profileFind all posts by senseiernSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Delicious Monster
Delicious Monster

and the website will tell you whether you have to pay shipping (usually you do). I buy a lot from ebay, but have never purchased directly from a private party. I would stick to businesses that are legit (like amazon) and if a deal looks too good to be true, it probably is. If you do purchase through a private party, use a service like paypal, because they will help you get your money back. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from a person who says they will only take money orders. my friend's dad (huh, and her mom too, I think) were swindled out of a lot of money through an ebay scammer. money orderes are not traceable, and you cannot get your mobney back if you use them.

I would recommend using only one credit card for internet purchases - if any fraud does occur, it is only one that you have to cancel/re-issue.
Never submit any other type of payment (that u can't get back - bank/wire transfer, check, etc.).

You all need to read this article about a Powerbook that was almost scammed: http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

Sensei Ern
View user's profileFind all posts by senseiernSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Delicious Monster
Delicious Monster

senseiern wrote:
You all need to read this article about a Powerbook that was almost scammed: http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

Sensei Ern

p-p-p-p-powerbook!

lol great story!!