Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ralphie was forced to go on the show
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

When Ralphie May did the show right after his father died, I said he was probably forced by someone at LCS. I incorrectly figured it was Jay Mohr. However, I was correct, according to a post from Ralphie on alt.comedy.standup:"I didn't want to do the show, I was under contract and after my father died I was told I would be in breach if I didn't perform and that didn't come down from Jay that was a call from a NBC lawyer to my lawyer. So I did my father's two favorite jokes thinking that I would be voted off."

If I ever make it to Hellywood, I will need to decide who needs a size 12 boot up their behind.

The Internet King
The Internet King

senseiern wrote:
When Ralphie May did the show right after his father died, I said he was probably forced by someone at LCS. I incorrectly figured it was Jay Mohr. However, I was correct, according to a post from Ralphie on alt.comedy.standup:"I didn't want to do the show, I was under contract and after my father died I was told I would be in breach if I didn't perform and that didn't come down from Jay that was a call from a NBC lawyer to my lawyer. So I did my father's two favorite jokes thinking that I would be voted off."

If I ever make it to Hellywood, I will need to decide who needs a size 12 boot up their behind.
I'm not suprised. Producers of reallity shows have been known to tell contestants what to do for years. I'm sure a huge chunk of what people say they were told to.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Dat Fan

Are you saying the results of the show are fixed?
View user's profileFind all posts by Mr.HilariousSend private messageSend e-mail
The Internet King
The Internet King

Mr.Hilarious wrote:
Well maybe. There could be a chance, but that's just my opinion. But I guess you never know. I've heard that sometimes there is holes in the contracts that allow the producers to tell the contestants what to say. But not ALWAYS.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Dat Fan

yoink78 wrote:
Mr.Hilarious wrote:
Well maybe. There could be a chance, but that's just my opinion. But I guess you never know. I've heard that sometimes there is holes in the contracts that allow the producers to tell the contestants what to say. But not ALWAYS.

Do you think that Dat's season 1 victory was also fixed?
View user's profileFind all posts by Mr.HilariousSend private messageSend e-mail
Dat Phantastic!

NEVER NEVER NEVER

The Internet King

I'd say 95 % of the time it's real. It's just a guess.
Loser & Hack
Loser & Hack

Mr.Hilarious wrote:
yoink78 wrote:
Mr.Hilarious wrote:

Do you think that Dat's season 1 victory was also fixed?

i guess yoinkles won't answer the question because he loves dat so much
The Internet King
The Internet King

I don't think the votes are fixed or altered. I don't think that when there is a vote on a reallity show, it's ever fixed. It would just be too obvious if it was fixed. Besides, why would they want to fix a vote? They're trying to satisfy the majority of the viewers so that they'll watch the program and buy the products on the commercials, right?
Dat Fan

yoink78 wrote:
I don't think the votes are fixed or altered. I don't think that when there is a vote on a reallity show, it's ever fixed. It would just be too obvious if it was fixed. Besides, why would they want to fix a vote? They're trying to satisfy the majority of the viewers so that they'll watch the program and buy the products on the commercials, right?

What kind of name is Yoink? Is it French or something? Or Polish?
Diva

straight up canadian. duh.

an Alternative Lifestyles Company
View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dat Phantastic!

charlie ciitrine wrote:
yoink78 wrote:

What is Yoink's real name?

The Internet King

charlie ciitrine wrote:
yoink78 wrote:

Fake-ish. I made it up.
Ralphie was forced to go on the show