Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Tolerance
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

I will tolerate people calling eachother a hack. It's their right. You can call Dat Phan a hack all you want, but it just proves your inability to see past his race and makes you an ignorant person.

You may criticize my friend all you want. Start arguments. It gets you no where. And all you east coast kids, or grown adults should still be ashamed of yourselves for name calling. You aren't "pointing" anything out. Ralphie's said it--it's all been done before.

Margaret Cho emailed me the other day and said Dat can have as many jokes of hers as he wants.. They aren't hers either. Everyone talks about their mom in the comedy world. Just because they're both Asian doesn't make a lick of difference.

Think before you post. If it hurts someone, it's you who will get hurt in the end. Hate breeds nothing but violence. If you can't see past that, you don't deserve to be in this world. Opinions are different than Hate.

I will not tolerate hateful and racial slurs. You, your email and your IP will be banned.

Quote:
Margaret Cho emailed me the other day and said Dat can have as many jokes of hers as he wants..

Hack statment of the year!!! you can have them lol ....

being a standup comedian is writing your OWN JOKES>>>
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

sorryhackrules wrote:
Quote:
Margaret Cho emailed me the other day and said Dat can have as many jokes of hers as he wants..

Hack statment of the year!!! you can have them lol ....

being a standup comedian is writing your OWN JOKES>>>

He does write his own jokes. She was kidding. They are both very different comics--and if someone can't see that, it makes them narrow minded. Margaret Cho is colorblind in this fashion. She is a genius and she longs for the day when people will see Asians as people integrated into our worldly society and not separate.

We aren't just the sum of our skin color. We're working towards indivisibility and unity as one people--American.

if he wants to be seen as just a "Comedian" and not as a Asian Comedian then why is 100% of his act based on the fact that he is Asian.
Dat Fan in Training

Dat Phan getting hand-me-down jokes from Margaret Cho? That's like giving Ralphie May another box of twinkies.
Margaret Cho's and Datphan's Jokes
Dat Fan in Training

"Our similarities are different."
Yep! That's what Dale Berra said.
Re: Margaret Cho's and Datphan's Jokes
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

Mark wrote:
"Our similarities are different."
Yep! That's what Dale Berra said.

great quote. great player.

Proudly A Loser.

This whole thing just sounds like someone is a little bitter that the grape made the Hack list at CH.
I can think of no better place for him.

CH
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

Grapehater wrote:
This whole thing just sounds like someone is a little bitter that the grape made the Hack list at CH.
I can think of no better place for him.

Seems anyone can make the hack list at CH--everyone but East Coast comics. give up that cheap rivalry and step into the 21st century. forget your prejudices.

Proudly A Loser.

Maybe the East Coasters don't make the Hack list because they don't suck.
And they are actually good people, who are original.
I don't know why my bros at CH would ever want original people.
Imagine the horror

Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

Grapehater wrote:
Maybe the East Coasters don't make the Hack list because they don't suck.
And they are actually good people, who are original.
I don't know why my bros at CH would ever want original people.
Imagine the horror

That's real petty of you to say that. I know a lot of east coast comics who suck. They are all angry the same way. They are all ignorant the same way. They all write the same way.

If that offended you, look how what you said has offended us. If it didn't offend you, glad you can swallow some pride and take some criticism.

Proudly A Loser.

criticism makes the world go round
but none of you here know how to deal with it
which makes it a sad sad sad world indeed.

Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

Grapehater wrote:
criticism makes the world go round
but none of you here know how to deal with it
which makes it a sad sad sad world indeed.

I'm learning to deal with it. At first it was overwhelming.. it seemed to be very derrogatory--perhaps because there was biggotry in the mix. But now, I'll only ban if there's something offensive and against the rules of the site.