Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Should polls be reinstated?
yes
76%
 76%  [ 20 ]
no
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 26

Should users be allowed to create polls?
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

The original reason the polls were discontinued for registered members was the fact that members would make too many random polls that had nothing to do with anything. I would like to keep the forum neat and tidy, and have all you folks have fun while we're at it. You can make polls in your respective communities (in the Location threads). So if you're a location thread moderator, you should do what you can to encourage growth in your location and create polls.

so should polls be reinstated? give me your feed back.

The Internet King
The Internet King

How about the official site polling stays unallowed to users but how about you make a forum called user polls? It's just an idea. I respect your opinon Eddie. I guess people including me were making too many pointless polls. I will try to make some more polls in the Canadian location thread. That location thread needs some more group participation anyways. Rarely is there a post in there.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Miss Extraordinare
Miss Extraordinare

no. *points up*

I love you yoink, but dude. SEVEN fricken POLLS?

This action of no polls is more for the sake of organization. New users who have never been here don't want a messy ass list of subjects really.

The Internet King

Miss Kristelle wrote:
no. *points up*

This action of no polls is more for the sake of organization. New users who have never been here don't want a messy ass list of subjects really.
Hey, it's been a little while since I've made any of those polls. My newest one was like over 20 days ago. If they are making a mess just delete them. Some of them haven't even been posted on since august. If they are such a pain just delete them. I don't care. I don't make that many polls anymore. and yes, I agree the polls section is getting very messy.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

yoink78 wrote:
Miss Kristelle wrote:
no. *points up*

Hey, it's been a little while since I've made any of those polls. My newest one was like over 20 days ago. If they are making a mess just delete them. Some of them haven't even been posted on since august. If they are such a pain just delete them. I don't care. I don't make that many polls anymore. and yes, I agree the polls section is getting very messy.

This forum os more of an archive for dat's life. we don't like to delete things... and the subject DOES say "Official" site polling.

The Internet King

Eddie wrote:
yoink78 wrote:
Miss Kristelle wrote:
no. *points up*

This forum os more of an archive for dat's life. we don't like to delete things... and the subject DOES say "Official" site polling.
whatever. lol lets just stop disagreeing.
Diva

I like Gina's Idea, have people email you (or someone delgated by you) and they set up polls. because next thing you know we're going to have polls on whether Dat's feet smell or not Razz

an Alternative Lifestyles Company
View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

silver_lined_lexi wrote:
I like Gina's Idea, have people email you (or someone delgated by you) and they set up polls. because next thing you know we're going to have polls on whether Dat's feet smell or not Razz

Thanks Lexi....one of my friends has a website where a moderator/administrator has to first approve photos before they get posted, so I thought maybe the same concept would work for the polls here.

silver_lined_lexi wrote:

nope, I have never known Dat's feet to smell...

Gina rocks!

Ginamonster wrote:
silver_lined_lexi wrote:

nope, I have never known Dat's feet to smell...

Can you hear the collective sigh of relief

watch, now someone is going to do something stupid like that

polls are good, in the right hands

an Alternative Lifestyles Company
View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

I'm sorry all, but I gotta say it.

Thanks, A LOT, YOINK!!!! Mad

(just kiddin')

Mr.Spock

quote] we don't like to delete things...[/quote]
I tried to post a poll about The Passion of The Christ and someone deleted it. I think it is very relevant in the news. It's a huge box-office hit. The filmmakers are getting rich. It should be open to debate.
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

Your poll was offensive.

I deleted it.

Gina wrote:
Your poll was offensive.

I deleted it.

Oh, it was you. I should have known that a religious zealot would censor a poll about Jesus. Guess what? I bet all of the people here are not Christians. What's wrong with a good debate?
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

You know, it has nothing to do with what religion people are.

I know for a fact that there are many religions represented by our members.

I found your poll offensive to this forum, no matter what anyone's religion is. Go debate your rediculous question on another forum.

It was deleted, whether you like it or not.

I am sorry if you do not like what I did. However, if there is a topic that is offensive or disrespectful, it will be moved or deleted.

Gina wrote:
You know, it has nothing to do with what religion people are.

I know for a fact that there are many religions represented by our members.

I found your poll offensive to this forum, no matter what anyone's religion is. Go debate your rediculous question on another forum.

It was deleted, whether you like it or not.

I am sorry if you do not like what I did. However, if there is a topic that is offensive or disrespectful, it will be moved or deleted.

Go Jesus Protector Go
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

Thanks for the encouragement. I will.

Gina wrote:
Thanks for the encouragement. I will.

You are very,very welcome.
Dat Phabulous

Was Mr.Spock banned for criticizing The Passion Of The Christ?
Should users be allowed to create polls?