Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
dat's college professor buddy
Dat Fan

Hey, haven't been back for a while, probably because dat hasn't made any news lately...i can't wait till next year.

I know a lot of people here know dat personally so you must know his friends.

Anyways, does dat still hang out with robert milz? Is Milz still teaching by day, and doing comedy by night? Is it really true that he was the one who got Dat into stand-up?
Re: dat's college professor buddy
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

noReason wrote:
Hey, haven't been back for a while, probably because dat hasn't made any news lately...i can't wait till next year.

Anyways, does dat still hang out with robert milz? Is Milz still teaching by day, and doing comedy by night? Is it really true that he was the one who got Dat into stand-up?

Milz is still doing comedy by night I believe. I also know he is one of the primary influences in pushing Dat into a stand-up career.

The Internet King
The Internet King

Eddie wrote:
noReason wrote:

Milz is still doing comedy by night I believe. I also know he is one of the primary influences in pushing Dat into a stand-up career.
Wow. I've been curious for a long time for what may have inspired him to do stand-up. Wow that's very cool. Very Happy
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

i thought it was because he made people in his class laugh and liked the feelin so he did stand up

The Internet King

Viet_Huy wrote:
i thought it was because he made people in his class laugh and liked the feelin so he did stand up
Yeah lots of comedians like Martin Lawrence were inspired by making people in class laugh. I can't remember what other comedians were inspired tihs way, but there were many more. That was a very fascinating way for Dat to get inspired.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

Making people laugh is such an amazing feeling. I can see how someone would be inspired from that way.

i dont like martin lawrence's stand up... its just not........ not what i expect from stand up, my teacher could be a great stand up comedian. he's already conquered the fear of being infront of people since he's a teacher and got great stories about his class n stuff.. i enjoy his classes but he'll only tell us his jokes and stories if we do good, maybe that's why the average for science in my school is 86%.. pretty good way of gettin kids to do good

Viet_Huy wrote:

Supposedly, Dat was in a public speaking class with Milz. Dat would crack some jokes and make people laugh in his speeches. Milz, who had been doing comedy on the side, told Dat to go with him to an open mic and try out standup. That's how Dat got started ....or so the legend says.....
Delicious Monster
Delicious Monster

no reason, you are correct. it is also true that dat bombed royally at his first performance. But Robert was the one who first took Dat to the Comedy Store.

noReason wrote:
Viet_Huy wrote:

Supposedly, Dat was in a public speaking class with Milz. Dat would crack some jokes and make people laugh in his speeches. Milz, who had been doing comedy on the side, told Dat to go with him to an open mic and try out standup. That's how Dat got started ....or so the legend says.....

*Hears star wars theme song in the backround*

Tenkuu: Know the truth, you do. Unfortunate it is.

Dat: Unfortunate that I know the truth?

Tenkuu: Noo, no. Unfortunate that you must confront Milz, defeat him, and restore balance to the force!

Yes... I have no life. I have proof 'cause I can say ten words in wookie.

dat's college professor buddy