Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
help!
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

well i know u shouldnt call for help unless it's an emergency buut, i got a new computer and i wanna tranfere all of my old files into my new computer... (aprox. 10gb of stuff) my burner doesnt work, so i cant burn it, so im asking... how do u tranfere files? yahoo and geocities dont give me enough webspace u tranfere movies so.. ehh

The Internet King
The Internet King

well, some computer companies like gateway have services where they transfer files from computer to computer for you, but I don't know if that's any good or not.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

when u hear bout sumfin being done FOR you, it usually cost some cha ching...

The Internet King

Viet_Huy wrote:
when u hear bout sumfin being done FOR you, it usually cost some cha ching...
well Charlie, you can transfer a lot of your files through email or AIM. You right click on the file, highlight send to, and then either click on AIM buddy or email recipient. I would suggest zipping a lot of your files into one compressed zip folder before tranferring them.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

the thing is.... i got 23 movies
thats about.... 2.5 gbs... if i compress it, it would only become about 2.4gb... e-mails only let u upload like... 600kb and if i send through aim, i need to hook up a router or hub and that cost like $150

The Internet King

Viet_Huy wrote:
the thing is.... i got 23 movies
thats about.... 2.5 gbs... if i compress it, it would only become about 2.4gb... e-mails only let u upload like... 600kb and if i send through aim, i need to hook up a router or hub and that cost like $150
Charlie, I meant smaller files. If you want to transfer files that big without burning files, than the only way I have heard of is a payed service.
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

lol if it were to be smaller files i would have put it on geocites than download it back

The Internet King

Viet_Huy wrote:
lol if it were to be smaller files i would have put it on geocites than download it back
well, I suppose you can do that with your smaller files and worry about your bigger files later. I just don't think there is a free way to transfer big files for free without burning.
help!