Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
The Internet King
The Internet King

Charlie_ wrote:
ive noticed something lately.... i dont see anymore japanese people. seriously, i hang around with a lot of asians and they're mostly, chinese, vitnamese, korean, and a guy from singapore and hong kong... no japanese people.... what's going on
Actually, there is a reason for that. Fewer Japanese immigrate to the North America than those Asian countries you listed. The reason is because Japan is more developed and has more career oppurtunities.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Dat Phabulous

And Americans are rude.
View user's profileFind all posts by invisiblemanSend private messageSend e-mail
Dat Phabulous

That is sterotypical of you to say. A lot of them are very nice.

Oh sorry, I ment I'm rude.
View user's profileFind all posts by invisiblemanSend private messageSend e-mail
The Internet King
The Internet King

Family Guy wrote:
That is sterotypical of you to say. A lot of them are very nice.
No, it's fact. Even look at statistics. Immigration rates are lower. I don't mean any offense, believe me.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Dat Phabulous

That is not a fact. Just because some Americans are rude doesn't mean all of them are. I know a lot a people on this site are asian and I know that they don't like to be sterotype so don't sterotype others.

The Internet King

Family Guy wrote:
That is not a fact. Just because some Americans are rude doesn't mean all of them are. I know a lot a people on this site are asian and I know that they don't like to be sterotype so don't sterotype others.
oops, I didn't mean to quote to the post about Americans. Sorry, that was an accident. I thought you said the thing about Japanese was stereotypical. Sorry, I apologize. Americans are not rude, I agree that is stereotypical and is not a fact. Just for the record, 99% of Americans that I have met are extremely nice, and possibly even nicer than Canadians.
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Canadians aren't rude because they want to be, they are just freezing to death and it's hard to be nice when your hot chocolate just turned into a fudgesickle.
View user's profileFind all posts by senseiernSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Family Guy wrote:

well after what you said about not understanding why asians hate to be called chinese, do you understand now? Just because some asians are chiense, doesnt mean everyone is. Just because some americans are rude, not all of them are. get it?

anyways, society has made an image of a rude america(mainly because of the attacks of other countries). They made an image of a peace keeping canada, but I dont think we've done anything for a long time now... perhaphs send like 20 men to iraq and clean up the cities or... w/e

America is just in its teenage rebel faze. We think we're the sh*t and we get pissed off when someone tells us what to do.
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

does anyone remember what homer told the queen of england?

Charlie_ wrote:
Family Guy wrote:

well after what you said about not understanding why asians hate to be called chinese, do you understand now? Just because some asians are chiense, doesnt mean everyone is. Just because some americans are rude, not all of them are. get it?

Can you please explain to me how that is the same thing?

If what you think being called rude and being called Chinese is the same then you must think being Chinese is a bad thing.

its not the same thing but the same situation. what grade are you in?

Just because some asians are chinese doesnt mean they all are

Just because some americans are rude doesnt mean they all are

Do you see the similar situation and yet the difference? Like... c'mon

Charlie_ wrote:
Just because some asians are chinese doesnt mean they all are

Just because some americans are rude doesnt mean they all are

Do you see the similar situation and yet the difference? Like... c'mon

I'm confused by your logic.
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Shocked Can NOBODY see the similarity in the two situations.

They are not really similar Charlie. You are not getting what I am trying to say. I am saying that asian people don't like being called chinese because they think it is an insult to be called chinese. They don't mind being called korean or filipino though. Tell me the truth if someone called you korean or filipino would you be mad. They have a bad view on the Chinese and you know thats the truth. They think being chinese is a bad thing. Even chinese ppl dont even like being called chinese. They would say im not chinese im manderian. I think chinese people are just like any other asian. Who really cares if they think you are chinese, big freaking deal get over it. I'm vietnamese myself and people sometimes think that I am chinese. All I do is tell them I am vietnamese thats it. I really don't get why asians get so annoyed by it I really don't. Now if I was called rude because I was vietnamese then thats a different story. I would be very angry. Do you see what I am trying to say. You can disagree with me all you want, but I am not going to change my thoughts on this.

And I will

look, when you get called something that your not ever since kindergarten, it just hurts.

They dont mind being called fillipino as much because thats probably a rare occasion when someone knows more asian countries than China!

A lot of times people just dont incorporate into their minds that i am vietnamese, i tell them over and over, they jsut think its faster to say chinese or [swell person].

People have a bad view on americans, I see you dont like people thiniking that you are rude just because you are american, am I right?

People have wonderful views on chinese people. Cmon, why would I not want to be mr. kung fu just because im asian. People think chinese people are smart in math, Why would I not want that?

I just have a little pride in where I am from.

Heres the deal, if any asian person does something good, china would get the credits for that. Dont you see how much it fustrates me? If a chinese man walks into a store and kills 20 people, people would look at ME differently just because I LOOK chinese. When 9/11 attacked, people looked at all brown people differently, I understand how they felt.

I mean we have pride in where we are from.

Americans would not want to be called canadian and canadians wouldnt want to be called americans. simple as that

Maybe you just dont care as much as I do, and I think thats a good quality, but a lot of people do care, why cant you respect that.