Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
Reply to topic

Have you ever seen Dat Phan perform live?
yes
44%
 44%  [ 17 ]
no
55%
 55%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 38

Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

I've come across a few celebs who charge for autographs....I commend the ones who don't mind signing for free.

[quote="Eddie"]Has anyone ever seen Dat Phan perform live? Share your stories and write a little about the show here!

I saw Dat live in Anahiem with Ralphie and he was much better then ralphie!
The Wonders of Magic Shell

Awesome, Birnbaum!

Welcome...

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Diva

Gina wrote:
I've come across a few celebs who charge for autographs....I commend the ones who don't mind signing for free.

that makes me barf... i got russel crowe's autograph by accident i bumped into him at banana republic in fashion valley this weekend and since i detest him, i fed-exed it my bud in michigan

he wasn't too much of an ass

an Alternative Lifestyles Company
View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

silver_lined_lexi wrote:
he wasn't too much of an ass

That's actually surprising...I heard he was less than friendly to fans when approached. He must have had a good day when you met him.

well what happened was i was shopping with my friend (that hot guy i was telling you about) and anyhow, he was trying aon jacket and this guy behind my dropped some pants and other stuff so i picked it up and i was like "hereya go" and then i realized, holy [censored] and then in a really low voice i was like are you russel crowe, and he sighed and he said yes, and then i was like, if you give me an autograph i won't start screaming, so he laughed and signed my note paper in my planner, it said, to alexis, thanks for not screaming

so i kinda had to blackmail him to be nice people have good days and bad[/b]

View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

HAHA...thats funny what you said to him...thats why he wasn't an ass....he enjoyed your humor.

yes, i flatter myself, but actually it's been a long time since i saw a celeb

The Internet King
The Internet King

silver_lined_lexi wrote:
yes, i flatter myself, but actually it's been a long time since i saw a celeb
I wish I got to meet celebs every now and then.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

I've actually met a few celebs. My favorite one ever was meeting Lou Farigno...he was the original Hulk....nice guy.

you know, this sucks, dat isn't doing harldy any shows in sd, that sucks,
he's a celeb i want on my list

Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

silver_lined_lexi wrote:
you know, this sucks, dat isn't doing harldy any shows in sd, that sucks,
he's a celeb i want on my list

I'm sure your chances are better than mine...at least you are in SD...I am WAY in Florida.

you would think, but it's not happening Mad

Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

silver_lined_lexi wrote:
you would think, but it's not happening Mad

It will one day I'm sure.

i guess this will be my first post here! excellent!

Whitney wrote:
no as far as i know dat doesn't charge for autographs, because when he came to my college last night there were people there who couldn't buy the cd and he still signed pieces of paper for them.
so I guess that answers the question about whether or not I have seen him live....lol...he was really awesome.
whitney

he doesn't charge for autographs because he is a great guy. and like whitney said, he signed pieces of paper for people regardless of whether they had bought the cd or not. yeah, he came to ucsd this week (with the cool haircut) and i got to see him live, unlike the poor guys that came a little late and had to watch him on a television screen. i even got my first dat phan cd yesterday and had it autographed!
Diva

I am so stoked, as SD person over 13!! welcome to the fold quackster!

Dat Fan in Training

thank you! Very Happy *bows*

Dat Fan Newbie

I just recently saw Dat perform on Monday (11/17) at UCSD. It was a free show on campus and he was GREAT! I think they mentioned something about that being his first show in SD after 2 weeks. I'm still in shock I watched him perform and I shook his hand. I even got a picture with him. Yeah! And I saw Eddie too.. Thank you Eddie for taking the picture...although my camera was weird and you had to take it 3 times before the picture turned out clear. Razz

The theater was packed and they had to kick ppl out of the theater because it was considered a fire hazard, but no worries, they still got to watch Dat Perform outside in the lobby on a TV. Not as great, but better than nothing. He did about an hour of stand up and I laughed so much. and then showed a video clip made by Eddie, then he did some Q&A. Afterward he was nice enough to stay and take pictures and sign autographs with the fans. Of course no charge for the autographs, unless you wanted to buy his photo or CD. (But that's reasonable)

It was a great show, and I'm still in shock that it all happened. I wish I wasn't so nervous about meeting Dat (my first celebrity!) and Eddie (hehe you're concidered a celebrity by me) because I was at a loss of words and couldn't think straight. Hehe. But the show was great. Dat was really nice and willing to interact with all of his fans. I would love to watch him perform live again.
Diva

ohhh another one! hey sd guys join the sd location thread to find out when dat is going to play in sd again since he's hardly ever here

http://datphan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=427

Re: A night of Comedy
Dat Fan in Training

Saturn21 wrote:
I just recently saw Dat perform on Monday (11/17) at UCSD. It was a free show on campus and he was GREAT! I think they mentioned something about that being his first show in SD after 2 weeks. I'm still in shock I watched him perform and I shook his hand. I even got a picture with him. Yeah! And I saw Eddie too.. Thank you Eddie for taking the picture...although my camera was weird and you had to take it 3 times before the picture turned out clear. Razz

The theater was packed and they had to kick ppl out of the theater because it was considered a fire hazard, but no worries, they still got to watch Dat Perform outside in the lobby on a TV. Not as great, but better than nothing. He did about an hour of stand up and I laughed so much. and then showed a video clip made by Eddie, then he did some Q&A. Afterward he was nice enough to stay and take pictures and sign autographs with the fans. Of course no charge for the autographs, unless you wanted to buy his photo or CD. (But that's reasonable)

It was a great show, and I'm still in shock that it all happened. I wish I wasn't so nervous about meeting Dat (my first celebrity!) and Eddie (hehe you're concidered a celebrity by me) because I was at a loss of words and couldn't think straight. Hehe. But the show was great. Dat was really nice and willing to interact with all of his fans. I would love to watch him perform live again.

i hope you were among the fortunate that got seats. it was definitely worth waiting 45 min before the show started.

very nice to see another from ucsd!