Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Digital Cameras...
The Wonders of Magic Shell

Anyone have any insight on a good one?

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Diva

well, being in the art world, and knowing lots of photographers (hot ones too) this one guy who does stuff in Africa for National Geographic uses Nikon and only Nikon

an Alternative Lifestyles Company
View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Buy a brand name one with at least 4 mega pixel or higher.. Brand names include: Fuji Film(personal fav) , Canon(2nd personal fav), Nikon

Dont buy: Panasonic, Sony(sony is good but they dont specialize in cameras.... more like tv and stereo sets), HP(hp is good too but they dont specialize)

The Internet King

I don't even have a digital camera yet. I really should buy one. They are really cool.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

I have one but it stinks....not even worth using.

we have this cool eyeball looking kinda thing that you point it at something and it takes snapshots of our paintings and it shows up on our computer, it's really cool. on our website it comes out with great resolution though I do have to fiddle with the color a little bit

an Alternative Lifestyles Company
View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Re: Digital Cameras...
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

jennyko72 wrote:
Anyone have any insight on a good one?

canon, sony, toshiba area all good cameras. the most popular i've seen for the ages for 23-early 30s, people like the canon power shot. more semi-professional, sony cybershot, but i don't see a lot of those. my recomendation is canon or toshiba--i have had my toshiba for over 3 years and it was 300--but i've not seen good ratings on the newer cameras.. all these run between 200-300 bucks.

Thanks for the insight!

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Computer Expert
Computer Expert

I like the Nikkon Coolpix line of camera's. Good picture for the cost.

The more "megapixels" equals a larger picture size. Most people confuse megapizels with higher quality. So, if you need to create 8x10 photo's then a 3 megapixel camera is for you. If you just want the standard 4x6 photo's, and don't aspire to blast ink on anything larger than that, a 1 megapizel camera will foot the bill.

Thanks 9Nails! I had no clue about that!

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

Yeah 9Nails...that was pretty informative...I know nothing about digital cameras...except for the fact that mine really sucks... Sad

hey people. I'm 13 yrs old as many people know and just last year i bought a fuji film 2 mega pixel camera(MY MONEY AND PROUD!!). so like most kids when i get something new i use it right away. and i've used up more batteries than i have playing game boy. so if u wanna power ur digital camera use Energizer Or Duracel. Dont be stupid and cheap and buy the ones at Sears ok?

another thing. a digital camera isnt a digital camera unless it's got some video modes. Mines has a video mode but no sound and thats ok because it's not too expensive. I bring my digital camera EVERYWHERE i go; school, mall, ANYWHERE. and over the last 2 years I've made a movie. This isn't just some stupid 13 yr old movie.. Its a damn funny 13 yr old movie.. I think i showed Yoink before. I have soo many kodak moments on camera, from kids getting nailed in the face with snowballs to kids drinking from the creek while another kid pees in it. if anyone would like to see my sneak preview.. well pm me and we'll work soemthing out.. so far the movie is 45 minutes... im hoping to get it to 1.30 hours. and the whole movie is pure 10 second clips of stupid moron kids eating hot pepers and getting hurt... so if anyone is interested.. ya... also it'll give u an idea of what 2.0 mega pixel is.

Gina rocks!

Sounds interesting.....

9Nails wrote:
I like the Nikkon Coolpix line of camera's. Good picture for the cost.

The more "megapixels" equals a larger picture size. Most people confuse megapizels with higher quality. So, if you need to create 8x10 photo's then a 3 megapixel camera is for you. If you just want the standard 4x6 photo's, and don't aspire to blast ink on anything larger than that, a 1 megapizel camera will foot the bill.

that is true but it does increase the quality if you were to enlarge the picture.

btw try out the Casio QRV-40

4MP
3x optical
3.2x digital
160 grams which converts to i believe around 5 onces and a lil more when u add its 2 AA batteries and memory card and i think the memory is compact flash (not sure)
small compact

some of its drawbacks are that you cannot manually focus and set shutter speed. but it has numerous modes which u can almost always find a right setting.

less then $300 ^-^

i have yet to get this camera. hopefully for x-mas
or my b-day which is on the 24th of dec Very Happy

i just got a digital camera for my sister for xmas. and you are lucky you got your birthday on xmas eve! which means lots of presents!

Gina rocks!

Having a birthday on Christas Eve means you are getting jipped out of presents.

Gina wrote:
Having a birthday on Christas Eve means you are getting jipped out of presents.

yes sadly i got like a total of like 3 gifts this yr

LiLAzNJohnJ wrote:

yes sadly i got like a total of like 3 gifts this yr

Me, too... but I think that had something to do with being on the naughty list. Embarassed

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

not meaning to.... run ur bad luck in but.... i got 1,500 dollars worth of presents... the computer was 1,300 and the rest was little stuff... dont worry bout ur present thing... o yeah... uhh gina.... i still dont have stamps to send u eddie's money :(

Not worried about the present thing. I have a job that allows me to buy things that I want. Very Happy

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Digital Cameras...