Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Dat Phan Late-night with Jay Leno *BOO!*
Dat Fan

Dat Phan's cool and all, but come on! When I noticed EVERY SINGLE ONE of his jokes were all repeated from previous times he was at the mic I nearly changed the channel in disgust! The only thing that was remotely "different" was adding that part about inventions where the "Germans invented the cheesecake-the GUN" he had never said that before on TV but still, the same "joke" was used and overused.

Nah seriously... I KNOW I'm not the only one who noticed this, or am I? Everyone one of his jokes were old. Could he not have just created some FRESH material for that night or did he have absolutely new to joke about? Either way, it was pretty pathetic...

BTW, had Ralphie May been on his GAME the night that everyone voted he would have easily beat Dat Phan. Dat Phan would've came in second overall but a) Ralphie completely SUCKED that night worse than the Los Angeles Clippers and his "no war for oil" crap sounded more of a story then humorous at all & b) Dat Phan's set was probably one of his best. I am actually surprised how Ralphie still received 28% of the vote, a clear 2nd out of the 5? Shocked

What do you think?
Miss Extraordinare
Miss Extraordinare

wow this is rather late.

Yeah it is, but as the saying goes, "Better late than NEVER!"
Re: Dat Phan Late-night with Jay Leno *BOO!*
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

BuGhOu§eMASTER wrote:
Dat Phan's cool and all, but come on! When I noticed EVERY SINGLE ONE of his jokes were all repeated from previous times he was at the mic I nearly changed the channel in disgust! The only thing that was remotely "different" was adding that part about inventions where the "Germans invented the cheesecakenug-the GUN" he had never said that before on TV but still, the same "joke" was used and overused.

Nah seriously... I KNOW I'm not the only one who noticed this, or am I? Everyone one of his jokes were old. Could he not have just created some FRESH material for that night or did he have absolutely new to joke about? Either way, it was pretty pathetic...

BTW, had Ralphie May been on his GAME the night that everyone voted he would have easily beat Dat Phan. Dat Phan would've came in second overall but a) Ralphie completely SUCKED that night worse than the Los Angeles Clippers and his "no war for oil" crap sounded more of a story then humorous at all & b) Dat Phan's set was probably one of his best. I am actually surprised how Ralphie still received 28% of the vote, a clear 2nd out of the 5? Shocked

What do you think?

Dat was one of the youngest comics. He burned all his material having less than 30 minutes of solid funny. Ralphie has probably 2 hours of solid funny, as well as Vos and the other heavyweights. Dat got so much airplay during Last Comic Standing compared to anyone else.

What if you were a musician and only had 2 or 3 songs and it got played out over the summer. Same thing. I've seen many comics do the same bits. Just wait till you see Comedy Central's 1/2 hour special. We filmmed it and Dat had barely any time to write new material, but you get to see material in its entirety instead of just 4-10 minute sets.

Ralphie May is a good comic. I just didn't agree with his preachiness on the final episode. I was there in the audience and was pretty disgusted by the unfunniness of Ralphie May.

Yes, I totally agree. Why was he preaching instead of being FUNNY?! Since he wasn't funny that night, why did the audience over-react and act as if it's soooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny? It was definitely Ralphie's WORST LCS television experience...

Quote:
He burned all his material having less than 30 minutes of solid funny.

What do you mean by this? When did he burn his material, when he was taping for the comedy central thing? Also, when will they air it and for those of us who dont have the luxury of CABLE, anyway we can check it out??
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

if you are talking about LCS it was on NBC.

Sigh, I dont see how you could mistake my last post for anything else because I was obviously referring to his COMEDY CENTRAL taping...

Anyway, anyone else know?
Diva

buy dat's comedy cd's and you'll get plenty of new stuff

an Alternative Lifestyles Company
View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dat Fan

So does anyone here know when will the taping or his 1/2 hour Comedy Central bit be televised? Also, if we dont have cable is there anyway we can still get to check it out?
The Internet King
The Internet King

BuGhOu§eMASTER wrote:
So does anyone here know when will the taping or his 1/2 hour Comedy Central bit be televised? Also, if we dont have cable is there anyway we can still get to check it out?
No sorry. Sometime in early 2004 is all I know. I don't even think Dat Phan knows. Comedy central keeps pretty quiet about their scheduling. If u don't have cable, somebody could possibly share a copy of the comedy central special on Kazaa. If not, your out of luck. Sad Unless you have a friend with cable willing to tape it for you. You have been posting quite a bit lately. Welcome to the club.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

BuGhOu§eMASTER wrote:

Keep checking the news section....when Eddie finds out anything he posts it for everyone to keep us all posted.

Thanks yoink... yeah, I really hope one of my friends wouldn't mind tapint it, that's for sure!

Yeah, I've tried to register on here before but came up empty handed... but now I got it working so it's all good! It's a cool forum, glad I found it!
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

BuGhOu§eMASTER wrote:
Thanks yoink... yeah, I really hope one of my friends wouldn't mind tapint it, that's for sure!

Yeah, I've tried to register on here before but came up empty handed... but now I got it working so it's all good! It's a cool forum, glad I found it!

Glad you like it...we like having you here.

we've converted another one!

View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

Yes....welcome to our cult... Dat Pahnaholics Anonomous

you know how like aa sings lean on me, what do dat fans sing?

Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

silver_lined_lexi wrote:
you know how like aa sings lean on me, what do dat fans sing?

Maybe Eddie could throw together a chant for all of us...

yeah i mean, it's not like he's busy Wink

Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

silver_lined_lexi wrote:
yeah i mean, it's not like he's busy Wink

I didn't mean for him to jump right on it or anything...it was more of a joke really.

i was jk too (sorry for the confusion)

Dat Phan Late-night with Jay Leno *BOO!*