Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Dat Phanaholic

What have I done? A quick run-down for you.

8 years of professional comedy performance, individually and in groups. Winner of the Rubber Chicken Comedy Competition.
10 years professional musician with performances for Czechoslovakian TV and the worlds largest music festival in Bethlehem, Pa
5 years competitive/show martial artist
1 year spent working production on a Hollywood movie I won't name now.

And not once have I ever gotten a laugh by making fun of Asian people.
Dat Fan

Fishman wrote:
10 years professional musician with performances for Czechoslovakian TV

NO WAY!

Do you know Lubos Sikula?
Dat Phanaholic

It was a weird experience. It was kind of "we will film you for this documentary but will talk only through a translator that barks orders at you." But it did make it to Czech TV.
Dat Fan

Dat Phan is a national treasure, a pick you up by the bootstraps type of Horatio Alger tale we all can be proud of. Striking out on his own with 5 minutes of material and a dream, he gets on a "reality" show, the dream of all Americans, and is edited to be a hero. He beats a fat lazy American and goes on to superstardom for 15 minutes of fame.

he is a metaphor for this country. We are all Ralphie, fat, arrogant and lazy

Why do you deny him his short term success.

Eddie Murphy did nothing but hack on white people, and look where he is today, he's America's #1 children's entertainer. I hear his next project is a big screen version of The Great Space Coaster

and that could be Dat someday. (or Dat could be Dat someday)

I'm outraged that a bunch of people come here to trash this young hardworking man. I look forward to him filling the void of laughs that have been left with the semi retirement of Shucky Duck.

Peace and god bless.
Dat Phanaholic

Thank you crimsonsun. You put it perfectly.

And fishman, i believe all that as much as I believe that Alex Dample is a real doctor.

Get a life.

The funniest part is, it's all true. It sounds like total bull but it's not.

Anyone ever see the Spike Lee film "Bamboozled" black actors playing black stereotypes for a TV show? Getting away with it because "oh, we're black, it works for us?" Nobody won in the end. The joke became unfunny. And quickly.

And I think with a resume like that it's pretty obvious that I do have quite a life and that "get a life" is the typical knee-jerk reaction to something you don't like. Very revealing.
Dat Fan

fine, bash him if you want, but the laughter Dat brought me helped me overcome a grave illness I once had

Dave Mordal is my lord and savior.
Dat Phanaholic

No really, i'm SURE it's all true. But like Miss Gina said, you're welcome to your opinion. I just can't imagine going to a board of someone I don't like, and making fun of him/her and everyone that does like him/her.
Seems juvenile to me.
Very revealing.

Dat Phan got me laid because he made my girlfriend So Horney.
Dat Fan Newbie

I stubbed my toe on the way to get a snack while Dat Phan was on.
Dat Phanaholic

Jes*s, how many of you are there?

Quote:
I just can't imagine going to a board of someone I don't like, and making fun of him/her and everyone that does like him/her.
Seems juvenile to me.
Very revealing.

What would be the point of a club where the members just sit around and say "I sure don't like Dat Phan's act"? Where's the interaction with that? Why not talk about it with other people?

The strong reactions I 've gotten are "get a life" and "you're so immature" which are the same kinds of things bandied about...in third grade recess. Get a life!
Dat Fan

phatfannaodanna wrote:
Jes*s, how many of you are there?

You mean how many people who actually watched Dat Phan perform repeatedly and have come to the conclusion that he isn't funny and steals other people's material?

I don't know for certain.

But how many of YOU are there? By that I mean, how many people want to dispute my credentials and tell me I'm immature for not agreeing with them?

I've counted three.

Fishman wrote:
What would be the point of a club where the members just sit around and say "I sure don't like Dat Phan's act"? Where's the interaction with that? Why not talk about it with other people?

Had you read Gina's post, you would see that you're more than welcome to post WHY you don't like him. And I posted a message detailing why I think he's great, and there was little reaction to it.

Fishman wrote:
The strong reactions I 've gotten are "get a life" and "you're so immature" which are the same kinds of things bandied about...in third grade recess. Get a life!

That's probably because 2 other guys were being that way before you joined.

If you are so interested in having a discussion on whether or not he is talented, why don't you throw something on the table besides, "He sucks!" or sarcastic comments. Something like "He only does one thing!" is good, but has already been addressed. What else don't you like?

Alex Dample wrote:
But how many of YOU are there? By that I mean, how many people want to dispute my credentials and tell me I'm immature for not agreeing with them?

You certainly don't sound like any doctor I know. Also, EVERY doc I know doesn't have time to post on message boards all day long. So what, exactly are your credentials?

Also, you keep forgetting that he was VOTED a winner.

CrimsonSun wrote:
-Dat Phan is a national treasure, we all can be proud of.
>I'll give you this, the communist thing isnt really taking off as hoped.

-He gets on a "reality" show, the dream of all Americans.
>A dream of all "fat lazy Americans" don't generalize.

-He beats a fat lazy American and goes on to superstardom for 15 minutes of fame.
>Exactly that 15 minutes of fame, next token ethnic comedian with an awful bit please.

-he is a metaphor for this country.
>You mean fat and lazy again right?

-We are all Ralphie, fat, arrogant and lazy
>ralphie?? you mean the kid from the Christmas Story? He was a kid, you make no sense.

-Why do you deny him his short term success.
>Not denying him anything, people are just calling him out.

-Eddie Murphy did nothing but hack on white people, that could be Dat someday.
>But it's Eddie Murphy, white people LOVE him.

-I'm outraged that a bunch of people come here to trash this young hardworking man. I look forward to him filling the void of laughs that have been left with the semi retirement of Shucky Duck.
>Welcome to the internet.

edit - I spell bad

Last edited by ^_^ on Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Dat Fan

Fishman wrote:
Get a life!

But seriously, you ARE so immature. Hello? If the shoe fits ...

Quote:
If you are so interested in having a discussion on whether or not he is talented, why don't you throw something on the table besides, "He sucks!" or sarcastic comments. Something like "He only does one thing!" is good, but has already been addressed. What else don't you like?

Aren't those reasons good enough? I mean, when it comes to a comedian's act, doesn't it seem like "being funny" and "having a varied, non-offensive act" should be the first two things on your mind? I could say I hate how he dresses or the way he cuts his hair, but those are:
a. petty and
b. not true, he dresses well and looks nice.

I'm not going to come up with miniscule reasons why I hate his act except that it's awfully derivitave of MULTIPLE other comediens from the past (George Carlin busted Catholics, Margaret Cho busted Koreans, it was only a matter of time before another group had their champion) and that it really isn't any good!

The "fact" that he was "chosen" by America is "ridiculous." Out of what was it 12?, comics he was chosen as America's king comic and now that he's been chosen we're all supposed to fall in line. I hate Kelly Clarkson. I hate Ruben Sturddard and Clay Aiken. They were chosen as the so-called "best" and now we're supposed to think they're great? Not for me. Dat's act is threadbare, derivative and all around insulting to everyone. Because 75% of the viewers thought he was decent means nothing.
Dat Phanaholic

Fishman wrote:
Aren't those reasons good enough? I mean, when it comes to a comedian's act, doesn't it seem like "being funny" and "having a varied, non-offensive act" should be the first two things on your mind?

Actually, "being funny" is not a reason. It's the topic we're arguing.

Fishman wrote:
I'm not going to come up with miniscule reasons why I hate his act except that it's awfully derivitave of MULTIPLE other comediens from the past (George Carlin busted Catholics, Margaret Cho busted Koreans, it was only a matter of time before another group had their champion) and that it really isn't any good!

Huh. If you don't want to give reasons, then you aren't here for discussion. Just to badmouth him. Very few comedians don't have an act that in some way is a derivative of someone elses. That's almost like saying, "He's funny, but other comedians make me laugh too. He needs to STAND OUT". Being a comedian means making people laugh! And just because YOU don't laugh, doesn't mean I don't laugh.

Fishman wrote:
The "fact" that he was "chosen" by America is "ridiculous." Out of what was it 12?, comics he was chosen as America's king comic and now that he's been chosen we're all supposed to fall in line. I hate Kelly Clarkson. I hate Ruben Sturddard and Clay Aiken. They were chosen as the so-called "best" and now we're supposed to think they're great? Not for me. Dat's act is threadbare, derivative and all around insulting to everyone. Because 75% of the viewers thought he was decent means nothing.

Again, you are just spouting your own personal opinion that you don't like these people, but you casually disregard the fact that MILLIONS of people voted for those people. Your argument is very egocentric. You are saying that simply because YOU feel one way, then it must be so.

If any of you know anything about TV and reality shows by now, then you know full well that editing plays a huge part in who wins what. It's a shame they didn't edit him out.
Dat Phan Late-night with Jay Leno *BOO!*