Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
Reply to topic
Dat Phan: Bethany College, Bethany, WV-11/9/03
Dat Fan

Last night Dat performed at my college, and I must say it was a great experience. I had already heard of him from Last Comic Standing, and although I wasn't a regular viewer of that show I did see him on there a couple of times this summer. So you could say I was already somewhat familiar with him. Well I went with some friends and I think he did an amazing job. During the question and answer section someone asked "what is the meaning of life?" and although everyone was laughing at first, Dat came up with a very good answer. He said that the meaning of life is all about finding your true passion and striving for it. Then he talked about what he had to do to get to where he is today. That is something I really needed to hear because a little over a week ago I withdrew from college for the time being because of some problems going on in my life, one of them being that I don't know what my true passion is and I don't know what I will do after I graduate from college.....Dat Phan shows that no matter what, you can make it and dreams can come true. I really really needed to hear that. After the show I wanted to meet him and I was very nervous about it...but finally I forced myself to go over there and I stuck out my hand and said "hi i'm whitney", and he said hey whitney it's nice to meet you and shook my hand. I bought his new cd off of him and he signed it for me. Too bad I was too nervous to tell him what I really wanted to say.....but I'm just glad that I got to meet him. Right before I left he gave me a hug, which made it even better. He really was a genuine and nice person.

whitney

Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

Well, Whitney, you JUST told him what you really wanted to tell him when you met him...he is on this site every now and then and reads the posts.

Also...keep an eye out for scheduled chats...Eddie will try to schedule chats when Dat is available to chat with his fans.

Thanks for the post! I love reading about shows and how Dat interacts with his fans.

Sounds like an awesome experience, Whitney! Best to you in finding your passion... hopefully it's not Eddie... you'd have to fight Gina!

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

jennyko72 wrote:
Sounds like an awesome experience, Whitney! Best to you in finding your passion... hopefully it's not Eddie... you'd have to fight Gina!

Ha! there's plenty of me to go around... but I won't be available for long =o) Get me now while supplies last!

Gina rocks!

jennyko72 wrote:

That was a great review Whitney. I really loved reading it. It really interested me.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
The Wonders of Magic Shell

Eddie wrote:

Ha! there's plenty of me to go around... but I won't be available for long =o) Get me now while supplies last!

That Rocks, Eddie!

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Dat Fan

jennyko72 wrote:

it does seem like she has a thing for him! Wink

whitney

Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

Shocked My secret got out?

The big EDDIE tatoo on your arm didn't help matters...

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

jennyko72 wrote:

In all honesty, I don't stalk Eddie...you can ask him....I had the tattoo removed over a week ago. Eddie knows I just flirt...he's too adorable to ignore...what can I say?

Gina wrote:
jennyko72 wrote:

In all honesty, I don't stalk Eddie...you can ask him....I had the tattoo removed over a week ago. Eddie knows I just flirt...he's too adorable to ignore...what can I say?

actually eddie IS adorable...i'm checking out his website right now and I saw a picture of him. Wink

whitney

Dat Fan

yoink78 wrote:
That was a great review Whitney. I really loved reading it. It really interested me.

glad to know you liked it

whitney

Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

Whitney wrote:

actually eddie IS adorable...i'm checking out his website right now and I saw a picture of him. Wink

whitney

I know...I knew I wasn't the only one who actually noticed that. Evil or Very Mad

you guys are frieks!! you're online stalkers

gina, i told you, we make $$ off the groupies not become them

i need to find another business partner, my next business venture is to make eddie teddie bears and sell them to his fans

an Alternative Lifestyles Company
View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

Gina wrote:
Whitney wrote:

whitney

I know...I knew I wasn't the only one who actually noticed that. Evil or Very Mad

are you guys talking about me again?

no they're talking about me

View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dat Fan

Eddie wrote:
Gina wrote:
Whitney wrote:

whitney

are you guys talking about me again?

yep....me and gina just can't keep from talking about you. lol. cuz you're such a stud. Wink

Diva

Shocked

we're supposed to be keeping this g-rated

Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

G- rated is OVERrated...let's talk about Eddie some more Jenny Evil or Very Mad