Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bush in 30 Seconds.org
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

Hi everyone. I entered a contest at moveon.org. I filmmed this commercial here in SD with a lot of your help and support. So check out how you've helped me out! The best part is you can vote for my commercial at http://www.bushin30seconds.org and check out the other great entries... My personal favorite is the series called "If the Bush Administration were you Roommate." There are over 1000 entries!

Well, the voting scheme is this: You have to go through a bunch of random commercials to find mine. There is no particular order and I just spent about 6 hours going through commercials today to watch practically all of them. They give you 'till December 30th to find my commercial and vote for it. Please do and I'll be forever in your debt.

You can click the link below to watch my commercial and from there, click on a link to register to vote and then vote for my commercial! Pass it on.

Thanks to all in advance!

Gina rocks!

You got my vote for you Eddie...but if I sit here for 6 hours, you are really going to owe me one Wink

Gina wrote:
You got my vote for you Eddie...but if I sit here for 6 hours, you are really going to owe me one Wink
\

for sure! the first time i went through It took me over an hour. The second time, my film came up number 48 or something. If you figure each film is 30 seconds long and your first impressions on the film are weighed carefully, it'll only take about 30 minutes per 100 commercials more or less.

The Internet King

it says you can only view 20 commercials a day. Can I still vote for them If I can't see them?
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

i cant find where u vote!! :(

The Internet King

Charlie, there is a link that says click here to vote near the top of the screen.
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
The Wonders of Magic Shell

OK... I got my 20 in for the day...I figure I should get to yours within 10 days!

I'll keep voting until I do. Some of them are pretty good. I liked the ranting stick figure guy and the playground stone thrower.

~Captain Jack Sparrow

OK... up to 60 now. This is a process, I suppose! Surprised

I'll keep voting until I get to you, Eddie... even if it is #1020!!!

~Captain Jack Sparrow
The Internet King
The Internet King

me too! I don't remember how many I'm at but I did quite a few! I am determined to find it. I will vote for it sooner or later. I just love Eddie's commercial. I think it is just awesome. I think it qualifies for 5 stars in all categories. Very Happy

Eddie, you are becomming a daily ritual for me. 20 a day. I do, however, feel politically enlightened. Wink

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Made my lazyself register and start voting... Already on 40...
View user's profileFind all posts by volantSend private messageSend e-mailAIM Address
The Internet King
The Internet King

Wow everybody is sure making a nice contribution here. lol I can't remember how many I did now. I think about 80 or so. I'm still trying! Keep up the good work guys! Very Happy
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

Yeah I took a break from watching. My eyes were starting to hurt. Shocked

I'm a little concerned I won't get to Eddie's...20 a day isn't getting me very far! Up to 120 now. Still no Eddie. Crying or Very sad

~Captain Jack Sparrow

160 and still no Eddie!! I'm trying though, I really am!

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

jennyko72 wrote:
160 and still no Eddie!! I'm trying though, I really am!

THATS dedication! I dont know what my count is up to....but still no Eddie here either.

220 and still no Eddie. Not really fair that we may not be able to vote for him. Crying or Very sad

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

Eddie,

The production was well done, and the timing was good. However, I think the message is skewed. Will you feel the same way about the unpatriot act when Dean is in the White House?

Myself, a hardened conservative, agrees that the unpatriot act can be used to the detriment of U. S. citizens, when in unscrupulous hands...kinda like having unaccounted for FBI files on major Republicans...Hillary Clinton, circa 1997...around the time of Bill's humiliation.

While shortening the time needed to ok a warrant is needed when lives are at stake; using ATF agents to destroy a building filled with women and children to get at one suspected killer in Waco, Texas, or using INS agents with MP5 machine guns to take a child from caring adults and tramatizing poor Elian Gonzales, is a much more horrendous abuse of Executive Power.

I agree that the unpatriot act should be removed, to prevent future corruption, I am not worried at the moment, mainly because the federal government does not have the manpower to investigate every person in the U. S. In fact, the unpatriot act is not to streamline investigation of U. S. citizens, but rather non-citizen residents. Our Constitution gaurantees the rights of citizens, not non-citizens. Treaties with foriegn countries gaurantee the rights of the citizens of those countries that are living in the U. S.

Sensei Ern
View user's profileFind all posts by senseiernSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dat Fan

The problem I have with the Patriot Act is, from what I understand, there are loose definitions to "enemy combatants". Since it gives the government the ability to search library records, anyone deemed "dangerous", even if not violently so, can be arrested. This could be anyone from a communist to a noisy union organizer, to a kid doing a report of Karl Marx. You seem objective about it, and for that I commend you. We need more conservatives (and liberals) who think like that.

As for the commercial: damn it! I didn't know you could vote until I saw this thread only today. Sorry.
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

I have to admit, it is much better than the one morphing Hitler into Bush. Atleast yours has some truth to it.

Sensei Ern
View user's profileFind all posts by senseiernSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Bush in 30 Seconds.org