Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Delicious Monster
Delicious Monster

you guys crack me up. Really. Dat's a good friend of mine. and I think I can hear him laughing too. You don't like his jokes? Ok. You are not trying to undermine him as an individual. You seem to be studying what makes us all so crazy about him. Seems to me, unlike some posts I have seen, and hatemail I have read, Dat's jokes may not be your thing, but you still recognize him as the nutty human he is. And I do mean nutty.
Perhaps I am missing the sarcasm because I have been drinking.
His attitude and desire to make it are what make Dat who he is. He's been through some tough times and yet he still carries on. That you care enough to visit his website, well, he can't be THAT bad. After all, you won't catch me on Brittney Spears' website. Talk about lack of talent!

Ginamonster wrote:
Dat's jokes may not be your thing, but you still recognize him as the nutty human he is. And I do mean nutty.

If by nutty, you mean unfunny, then you're spot on!
Dat Fan

I slept on it...woke up and realised that Dat Phan is still an unfunny human being. So what if he's "nutty"...i wanna see someone with talent on my stage and screen.

I'd betcha Dat's not even funny enough to get a 1-800-COLLECT commercial.

Dat is to comedy, what Michael Jackson is to comedy...the buttend of the laughs.

Will

Ginamonster wrote:
you guys crack me up. Really. Dat's a good friend of mine. and I think I can hear him laughing too. You don't like his jokes? Ok. You are not trying to undermine him as an individual. You seem to be studying what makes us all so crazy about him. Seems to me, unlike some posts I have seen, and hatemail I have read, Dat's jokes may not be your thing, but you still recognize him as the nutty human he is. And I do mean nutty.
Perhaps I am missing the sarcasm because I have been drinking.
His attitude and desire to make it are what make Dat who he is. He's been through some tough times and yet he still carries on. That you care enough to visit his website, well, he can't be THAT bad. After all, you won't catch me on Brittney Spears' website. Talk about lack of talent!

AMEN SISTER!! I just joined, and all I see are people insulting him!!!!!
Perhaps there is jealousy afoot?

I'm more jealous of AIDS than I am Dat Phan.

Will

Willzone wrote:
I'm more jealous of AIDS than I am Dat Phan.

Will

Boy, that's really funny. You keep proving over and over that you are not funny, but now you want to prove that you are an insensitive jerk. What makes you think something like that is funny to joke about? What makes you so sure you're not talking to someone who has it, or knows somebody that does?

Next time, think before you write.

Listen, I know the AIDS line was funny.

a. Cause I have AIDS
b. Cause I know funny.

Thank you and shush up.

Will

He's the next Cosby, people!

Really, think about it.

I'm not sure I see how Dat and Cosby are alike, but I'll take it!
Finally a supporter on this forum.

I've always said that as a person, Dat's probably sweet, wonderful, brings you flowers when you're down and cooks breakfast for you in the morning. However, his act does none of those things. In fact, if his act were a person it would leave in the morning without waking you up and never call. You can only ride the one trick pony for so long.
Dat Fan Newbie

Alex Dample wrote:
JamesKramer7-
First of all, the quote you attribute to me does not seem (to me anyway) to justify the accusation that I, a Harvard graduate, am HURTING, as you say, the world and not HEALING it, which I feel that I am actually, thank you very much.

You make me proud to have gone to a STATE school. I've heard your "comedy: a capella group. It stinks. Put that in your ex libris and smoke it, Doctor Dimwit.

Leave the funny to someone who gets paid to do it. Agents know talent, otherwise, anyone would be able to get one.

Dat Fan

phatfannaodanna wrote:
Finally a supporter on this forum.

Because they are both soooooo magical. They both take everyday situations and let us glimse another way of looking at the mundane.

And because, I think, they both like jello.

phatfannaodanna wrote:

They're both HUGE stars that captivate a national audience on their weekly sitcom.

Last edited by NotADatPhan on Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

You know, America voted for Dat. Get over it.

Whether you agree or not, OH WELL. His career has taken off. People are going to his shows (The one I was at was sold out) and are buying his CD's and he has TV shows, and movie appearances filmed and ready for broadcast.

If you don't like Dat. FINE. We don't preach to you to like him. But don't come here bashing him. That is not necessary, and whether you like him or not will not recruit the ones who do to follow in your footsteps.

Gina wrote:
That is not necessary, and whether you like him or not will not recruit the ones who do to follow in your footsteps.

Someone please diagram this sentence for me...
Dat Phanaholic

NotADatPhan wrote:
Gina wrote:
That is not necessary, and whether you like him or not will not recruit the ones who do to follow in your footsteps.

Someone please diagram this sentence for me...

Sure. What she means is, you're constant hating of Dat won't convince anyone else to also hate dat.

So WHY ARE YOU HERE?

Sure. What she means is, you're constant hating of Dat won't convince anyone else to also hate dat.

I don't know, he's pretty convincing.
Dat's comedy
Dat Fan Newbie

Okay, honestly, I don't like the ethnic jokes either. I do think it perpetuates the wrong stereotypes, and that it insults the specific ethnicity. I think Dat thinks he's allowed to do that kind of ethnic comedy because he just happens to belong to that ethnic group. I think that a comic who has that much talent should be able to find funny material in just about anything, not just ethnically-oriented humor.

That said, I still think Dat has talent, and that he will go far. No matter what anybody here may think of his choice of topic matter, America thinks he is funny; after all he DID win the Last Comic Standing competition, remember?

Also, please remember that we should all agree to disagree. It's entertaining and enlightening to hear (read) different points of view, but let us attack only the arguments being made, instead of attacking each other.

"Don't worry; be happy."

- Cinn

Dat Fan

Gina wrote:
You know, America voted for Dat. Get over it.

Whether you agree or not, OH WELL. His career has taken off. People are going to his shows (The one I was at was sold out) and are buying his CD's and he has TV shows, and movie appearances filmed and ready for broadcast.

If you don't like Dat. FINE. We don't preach to you to like him. But don't come here bashing him. That is not necessary, and whether you like him or not will not recruit the ones who do to follow in your footsteps.

America didn't vote for him. Losers that have no life and watch 6 hours of television a night voted for him. People that watch America's Funniest Home videos and laugh at shots to the crotch. His career has taken off, but I predict it will come crashing down faster than a failed Challenger.

I'm not Asian and he insults me. We already have Margaret Cho. Why would we need another comic telling jokes with an accent about his mother. It's played out like Kwame.

[quote="spooky mcgees beyotch] People that watch America's Funniest Home videos and laugh at shots to the crotch..[/quote]

I agree with most of what you're saying, BUT the crotch shots are FUNNY!

They get me everytime!
Congrats, Dat Phan