Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Petersreviews.com, Last Comic Standing
Dat Phanaholic

From Petersreviews.com:

This was one of those shows that made me curse out loud. I mean, everyone knows that Dave Mordal is ten times the comedian that Phan is. Even Phan knew that he should have lost. Maybe Dave underestimated Phan but he could keep going for a full set where Phan's asian sellout jokes would wear thin. Phan went for the easy laughs. At least Margaret Cho had style and told stories when she talked about her upbringing but Phan's were lousy, obvious jokes with no creativity.
This is the same easy style of comedy that Dana Carvey talked about when he used to do celebrity impersonations. He would talk about how easy it was to get a laugh and then launch into an impersonation of Jimmy Stewart having sex.
Dave Mordal was creative. I don't think he does "jokes", instead he tells stories and then does the classic, revisiting earlier themes. Mordal was awesome and I would love to hear more of his material but if Dat Phan makes it to the finals it will be a travesty. We can only hope that Rich Vos will punch Phan in the neck.
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

correction, u can hope he gets punched in the neck, we hope that eddie kicks you

Proudly A Loser.
Proudly A Loser.

Fishman wrote:
We can only hope that Rich Vos will punch Phan in the neck.

That is my new favorite line ever. I always talk about punching someone in the neck. Oh yes yes good timers.

Diva

you know grape, i a glad that your future as an artist is nil, because as a curator your sh!t sucks and is offensive

an Alternative Lifestyles Company
View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dat Fan

You know silver, your english skills should be grounds for deportation. I'm just saying is all. Hell, I might even agree with you if I had any idea what the hell you were attempting to type.
Diva

yeah well i have my own vernacular and only share with people worth my time

i know i've said it before people, if you don't like don't read it...

an Alternative Lifestyles Company
View user's profileFind all posts by silver_lined_lexiSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Proudly A Loser.
Proudly A Loser.

silver_lined_lexi wrote:
you know grape, i a glad that your future as an artist is nil, because as a curator your sh!t sucks and is offensive

Okay...hmmm...I like how you still keep not knowing what you talk about.
Atleast you are consistant.

Re: Petersreviews.com, Last Comic Standing
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

Grapehater wrote:
Fishman wrote:
We can only hope that Rich Vos will punch Phan in the neck.

That is my new favorite line ever. I always talk about punching someone in the neck. Oh yes yes good timers.

But Rich and Dat are friends... How little people know about the tv/film industry....