Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
riddles
The Internet King
The Internet King

How about we start a riddles thread. Here, I'll list a couple easy ones.

You have two coins of 30 cents. One of them is not a nickel. What are the coins?

There was a plane that crashed right on the border of the US and Canada. Half of the plane was in the U.S and half the plane was in Canada. Where do you bury the survivors?

Now here's one a lot of people find tricky for some reason: If a bottle and a cork cost $1.05 and the bottle costs exactly $1.00 more than the cork, what would be the cost of the cork?
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

You are given 5 bags. There are 10 beads in each of the bags. In four of the bags, the beads each weigh 10 kilograms. In the remaining bag, each bead weighs only 9 kilograms. All the bags and beads look identical. You must find out which bag has the lighter beads. The problem is that all the bags look identical and all the beads look identical. You can use a scale, but it has to be a single-tray scale, not a two-tray balance scale. Also, you may use the scale only once. How can you find out which bag has the lighter beads?

Gina wrote:
You are given 5 bags. There are 10 beads in each of the bags. In four of the bags, the beads each weigh 10 kilograms. In the remaining bag, each bead weighs only 9 kilograms. All the bags and beads look identical. You must find out which bag has the lighter beads. The problem is that all the bags look identical and all the beads look identical. You can use a scale, but it has to be a single-tray scale, not a two-tray balance scale. Also, you may use the scale only once. How can you find out which bag has the lighter beads?
Whoa... You stumped me there Gina. I'm confused just to read it. That is one good riddle. Can anybody get my riddles?
View user's profileFind all posts by userSend private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number
Dat Phantastic!

I'm confused.
Delicious Monster
Delicious Monster

yoink78 wrote:
Gina wrote:
Whoa... You stumped me there Gina. I'm confused just to read it. That is one good riddle. Can anybody get my riddles?

I got them, but won't tell because I don't want to ruin it.

Gina rocks!

Let me know when you are ready for the answer.

Gina wrote:
Let me know when you are ready for the answer.
Feel free to answer them. I'm sure I can find some more.
Gina rocks!
Gina rocks!

I meant the answer to my riddle.

Quarter and a nickle

You don't bury the survivors

The cork is $.05

Gina, you've stumped me, mostly because i don't want to think that hard!

The Internet King

Ginamonster wrote:
Quarter and a nickle

You don't bury the survivors

The cork is $.05

Very good. Very Happy Some people get so confused at that. I don't know why. I got that right away. I assume you've solved the other 2? And Gina's that riddle is so complex I can't even understand what it's asking. It's too advanced for me.
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

you're in a room. weather man says electricity is gunna die out in 2 minutes

you have 1, and ONLY ONE match in your hand... in front of you is a fire place, oil lamp, stove, some plants, a rice crispie(made that one up myself hehe), torch, candles..... decide which one to light up first and how it will help u a lot or even save your life.

not really a riddle..... but i'd like to hear your response..., AND POST THEM HERE!! so i noe who gets it right and who doesnt... we'll have a contest... i'll host it.. each riddle is worth 2 points of the first try, 1 point on second, 0 on any more. first person to score up to 20 points wins... no prizes, just fame and proudness lol.

Gina rocks!

Ginamonster wrote:

Answer:

Label the bags from 1 to 5. Take 1 bead out of Bag 1, and label it 1. Take 2 beads out of Bag 2, and label them both with a 2. Take 3 beads out of Bag 3, and label each with a 3. Continue this pattern with Bags 4 and 5. Put these 15 beads on the tray of the scale.
If all 15 weighed 10 kilograms, the scale would register 150 kilograms. But since one or more of the beads weighs only 9 kilograms, the scale will register less than 150. Subtract the number on the scale from 150. Your answer will tell you the number of the bag with the lighter beads. (If the scale registers 148, it’s bag #2. If the scale registers 145, it’s bag #5.)

Viet_Huy wrote:
you're in a room. weather man says electricity is gunna die out in 2 minutes

you have 1, and ONLY ONE match in your hand... in front of you is a fire place, oil lamp, stove, some plants, a rice crispie(made that one up myself hehe), torch, candles..... decide which one to light up first and how it will help u a lot or even save your life.

not really a riddle..... but i'd like to hear your response..., AND POST THEM HERE!! so i noe who gets it right and who doesnt... we'll have a contest... i'll host it.. each riddle is worth 2 points of the first try, 1 point on second, 0 on any more. first person to score up to 20 points wins... no prizes, just fame and proudness lol.

Oil lamp. but why would the weather man be dictating the electricity?

The Internet King

I would pick an oil lamp also. It lets off heat well and can last a while.
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

hah! both wrong, keep going

i'll post the answer tomorrow if nobody figures it out....

I'm going with a candle, because once lit, you can light everything else with it. Not to mention I love candles.

~Captain Jack Sparrow
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

the score is 0 for everyone because u would light the match up first. :P

next riddle

You arrive at the gate of heaven and hel l. Two guardians are here. None of them is seating in front of a particular gate, they are just walking around. One of the gate leads to heaven, the other to hel l, and as you might have guessed, you have to find which one. The only thing you know is that one of the guardian is always lying and the other always telling the truth. You can ask one question to one of them.

Oh I know this! It was in that movie, the labyrinth. David Bowie in tight pants ::Shudders:: Anyway..

You would choose a gate and then ask one of the guardians if the other guardian would tell you if that led to heaven.

That's my answer, and I'm sticking to it.

Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

my friend told me one i don't get, perhaps you can tell me what it means:

Who am i...

My dog goes wow, not woof

i think something's wrong...

but insted i ate it...

Who am i?

*the answer will confuse you even more*