Dat Phan Online
                      The homesite and meeting place of Dat Fans everywhere

Switch to Flash Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ebox ban
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man

ok, i banned ebox.

I've heard it all before and he's posting the same thing in many threads and it's annoying. I'm back from Vegas, but we're off to Leno/Killborn Wed/Thurs.

A. Dat doesn't have as much material as the powerhouse comics of the final 5.
B. He did not use the same jokes, NBC didn't allow the entire sets to be repeated.
C. If Dat's accent of his mother is overused, Cory's impression of her father from NY is overplayed by every New York comic.
C explained: It's prejudice to think Dat's accent is overused and the same in every joke.

If you don't like it, change the channel. You had the option to do so. And I will give you the option to leave or be banned. Your opinions don't matter here if I don't think they don't matter here, so don't even try it.

This is a great day for us, our friends and our family. Don't ruin it, or at least, wait 24 hours to bitch and complain. Sore losers suck.

eddie seems extremely pissed... Shocked

but rightfully so....
View user's profileFind all posts by that _guy88Send private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressICQ Number
Dat Fan Newbie

Quote:
I've heard it all before and he's posting the same thing in many threads and it's annoying.

from a dat phan fan, it sounds hypocritical for you to bash someone based on "(hearing) it all before" and repeating "the same thing". certainly sounds like a comic i know.

he REPEATED JOKES AGAIN ON LENO LAST NIGHT!!!! HAHAHAHA. LOL.

NBC may not have "allowed the entire sets to be repeated" but they sure didn't ban some jokes from being repeated as opposed to sets. At least you admitted A. Oh, and maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I didn't hear Cory's impersonate her father more than two or three times. And at least she told jokes outside of that.

But I don't want to sound so whiney. Seriously, I really do admire Dat for his work ethic and determination (I really did respect the charts). I'm all for giving respect to where it is due, and certainly I have a lot of respect for Dat. Seriously, congrats. I just don't like how the show turned into a popularity contest over a comedy contest. But I really do wish Dat luck.

If there's a LCSII, I'd like to see five judges in lieu of a nationwide vote to determine the winner; four of whom could be actual celebs and the public can act as the fifth.
more work for eddie
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

good luck buddy.
Dat's Jokes on the Tonight Show
Dat Fan

The fact that comedians recycle jokes and materials is normal.

On the top-rated and Emmy-nominated Tonight Show, Jay Leno often recycles his jokes (pay attention to the following nights) even though he has a very competitive writing staff, and I think the jokes are still funny.

Most recently, the Joke about the 4-mill.-dollar ring that Kobe bought for his wife after the scandal, has been repeated three times on three different nights (with different expression). Yes, it's still hilarious.

For Dat, he has had to do everything by himself, with a very busy schedule. New jokes and new materials require time.

Different People might have different tastes, I guess.

Last edited by Simon on Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Dat Phabulous

well said simon
View user's profileFind all posts by that _guy88Send private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressICQ Number
Dat Fan

Simon,

Totally agree...I have a similar post under Dats material.
Dat Fan

Seen it. You are the man.
Dat Phreakin' Amazing!

wow what an exciting life ebox has, creating a second account.... cant eddie just ip ban him?